Best Speakers with a DNA-1?

I don't want to hijack the contemporaneous discussion of "Speakers costing range of 2500-3500 per pair" on another thread (question by @spendmoney), but I'm curious to know if any of the answers would have been different if the amp were a McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe instead of the Denon 4311-ci.  I'm using this amp to power a pair of Polk LSIM 707's now, and am contemplating my next move.  If any of the responders to that post would care to weigh in here, I'd appreciate it.
128x128cheeg
Funny as folks get mad at me when I tell them to try adn purchase his newest models as he really does upgrade constantly.  It's also nice to be able to get some of the upgrades after you have owned your speakers for a few years for a nominal fee.  

Didn't even know Steve still upgrades and is building.  He is one of the forgotten builders I think.  I loved his amps as well as Brown Electronics Lab or BEL amps and a few others.  They would have been some of the first builders who would probably have sold direct back in the day if they really had that.
I too run a DNA-1 and am looking for speakers so this is perfect timing for me. Vandersteen has not been on my radar but looks to be a go to choice. I'm leaning heavily toward Harbeth P3's as I found an excellent dealer here on Long Island but will keep watch here for other possibilities.   I spoke recently with Steve McCormack about a worry I had and he was so friendly and informative. Very impressed.
Sorry Cheeg if this is a hijack,no offense meant. I find these forums
very helpful for info in order to help make decisions. 
@offnon57 — don’t worry about hijacking me; you are exactly the kind of member I had hoped would join in. I hope you get as much good info from the responses as I have, and please let me know if you do get a new set of speakers! 
@offnon57 ,
I live on Long Island, too. I suggest contacting John Rutan at Audioconnection(his name here on Agon, too).
He sells Vadersteen and is knowledgeable and a great guy to boot.
He is in Verona, NJ which isn't too far from the GWB. If you time it right, you can get some hotdogs at Rut's Hut before an early afternoon visit.
B

I'll share my experience:

I've enjoyed my DNA-1 Rev. A through  Magnepan 1.7's for a few years.  Last year I integrated a pair of  2WQ subs which improved the sound  with robust lower notes.

Two weeks ago I purchased a tube pre made by Don Sachs to replace a passive Light Speed Attenuator. I'm still exploring the difference with tubes, the clarity with a passive LSA is so impressive, but the tube pre has a buttery smooth presentation that I'm almost sure was not there with the LSA. I need more time to compare, this is my first tube experience; not sure my ears believe what they hear.

Anyway, my point is McCormack and Magnepan work well together. Hope this helps.