Best preamp for my Krell FPB 600

I was wondering what the best preamp would be for my Krell FPB 600 amp. Right now i have a Mark Levinson 38s preamp. Ive been told that it is not a good match for my Krell amp and for my Krell KPS20i cd player. Should i be looking into a Krell preamp for a match? If so what Krell preamp ? Dont need a phone stage btw. My system right now consists of the Krell FPB 600, Mark Levinson 38s , Krell KPS20i cd, Rega Saturn R cd , Krell BAFs ( bass alignment filters) B&W Matrix 800, Straightwire Crescendo speaker cable and interconnects. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
addyson815  I didnt realize he only had 2 replies and joined the site this year. But he might have knowledge to something i or we dont know about. 
Just looked at your system very cool! I concur with the above always trust your ears. And regarding your cd player I had a KPS20i back in the day, I remember it being very detailed and a nice match for my then overly warm system. I ditched it cause it couldn't read most CD-R's, these days I have hundreds of them if I ever need a coaster lol. Have fun and happy listening!
The ML 38S is an excellent preamp and will sound fine in ANY system!

See, I cannot agree with this statement.
That is where synergy and subjectivity come into play.
Personally, I owned the ML 38S for a few weeks (over a decade ago), and I did not care for it at all. However, the gent that I bought it from loved it, and the gent that I sold it to loved it. So I would never say that it was bad gear, it just didn't suit my system/tastes at that point in time.

So it's all about system synergy and personal tastes. That is why I told the OP to just enjoy what he has if it sounds good to him. 
I did not mention my poor experience with the 38S, because that is irrelevant.

From my experiences, ALL gear can sound great with the right ancillary equipment. There is no one piece that sounds great with everything, just as there is no one piece that sounds terrible with everything.
It's all subjective, and system dependent.

Cheers,
John