Dated but still A rated DACs

Looking to purchase a great sounding used DAC , unless I can obtain equal quality on a new one. Your thoughts?
goldenear1948
A+ rated by Stereophile : Benchmark DAC 2 

You could afford the newer DAC3 brand new on your budget...no need to buy dated components.
Hegel HD25.  Picked mine up for around $1100 and it sounds fabulous.  If you don't *need* DSD, MQA or more than 192 PCM then it could be all you need.  Personally I prefer native redbook or HD files - it sounds beautiful with either.

Are you planning to use it for Redbook CD or streaming/hi-rez file download? There seems to be a general debate that the multibit or R2R design DACs sound better for CD content. I don't recall but there is one brand goes as far as using multibit for its digital coax input and Delta Sigma for its USB. They must be agreeing with the general science and the popular usecases.

Search for PCM1704 and the DACs that use them.

Mytek Brooklyn DAC+

Absolutely beautiful sound playing Redbook. Multiple filters to choose from to dial in your sound preference.

In the future, if you ever decide to play DSD or MQA it will handle that as well.

Also adds a better-than-decent phono preamp, line input, and great headphone amp. Can plug it into a power amp directly, and have your choice of analog/digital for volume control.

Just under $2200 brand new, it’s a steal. Stereophile A rating, and their digital component of the year award 2017.

I love mine.