Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Charles, I get that and I understood what both you and Tom were communicating. Your most recent response makes that even clearer in the brilliant way you (and only a few others) are able to. And I fully accept your findings and results with the MZ2. 

I also believe that both of you are reasonable listeners and have reasonable assessments. Therefore 'anemic' (used as an example, since it was brought up) is likely anemic. I don't see how a component can somehow 'change it's spots' for lack of a better phrase. 

I'm trying to understand 'anemic' in this context...in other words, it wasn't something that was subtly better or preferred or marginally 'less' in some way or manner.

My base-line for this is that differences in quality components exist, but are not drastic. Perhaps I need to re-assess that base-line?
Hi David,
I don’t believe that any "baseline" adjustment is in order for you. Admittedly the High End vocabulary isn’t precise nor universal. This is further exacerbated when attempting communication via a forum format. Tom chose anemic and I immediately knew what he meant to convey.

Anemic in this sonic context means less full bodied sound, not preserving the innate natural tonal colors and harmonic richness. In other words something is stripped away resulting in a "lite" lower calorie alternative. Or less arthoritative dynamics (less powerful or forceful) presentation relatively speaking. Summarized, less meat on the bone and less of a flesh and blood (visceral) presence.

Again I recognize this is quite different from what Teajay has experienced in his own excellent reviewer’s system. To be very clear the MZ2 was not "bad"sounding, just however a "lite" rendition compared to Tom’s and my Line Stages. Our lite/anemic is another man’s "just right" neutral balance. Actually I don't mean to speak for Tom or put words in his mouth. He is more than capable of expressing himself. 
Charles
Just to clarify the MZ sounded amazing with my Aric KT 120 amp. It was full of life, energy, speed and dynamics. For some reason when paired with Aric's 300B it lacked all of those qualites and sounded anemic to me. Your description of anemic matched what I was trying to convey Charles. I thought it was the amp at first and was quite disappointed. Aric suggested that I connect the 300B directly to my DAC and sure enough the 300B came back to life. When Aric's linestage arrived a few days later it sounded glorious with the 300B

You're right Charles, I had forgotten about how lifeless the MZ sounded in your system and that's exactly how it sounded with my 300B. Maybe it's an impedence mismatch? By itself or with my KT 120 I though the MZ sounded great yet with both our 300B's not so much. Synergy plays a big role in a systems sound as shown here. 

As to David's point that this anemic sound I referred to is more than just a personal preference, I would agree with that. To me it's both a matter of a real drop off in sound and what ones preference in sound is. The lack of energy, life, sparkling highs and dynamics was real but I'm sure there are some that might prefer that. I'm certainly not one that would though!

This is yet another example of how frustrating this hobby can be. Wouldn't it be so much easier if components always played nice with one another? 🔉😃🔉
Tom
It is worth noting as well that brother teajay did look to a power amp that added "meat" to the MZ2's "bones".