A lot of hype about PS Audio, deservedly so ?

Hi, have been reading a lot about PS Audio BHK serie and their top Dac.
Do they deserve all the praise they are given, and do they hit way over their price class?

Also, how is the production quality?
gryphongryph
Good point @lak.

PS Audio will and does stand behind their products and even, under appropriate circumstances, beyond the warranty period.  One thing I am pretty well convinced about;  Paul McGowan wants to make a positive difference in the audio industry and cares about the satisfaction of his customers.
Three plus years ago, as I was learning more about digital audio, I stumbled on the PS Audio DirectStream DAC, which had just been released.  I've been in IT for over three decades and the idea of using an FPGA with the potential for firmware updates caught my eye.

After doing my research I snagged one of the early DirectStream DACs and have been so impressed with it, no plans to look elsewhere.

After that I upgraded my power conditioner to one of their P10 PowerPlants, and found that it further improved the performance of the DAC.

About two years ago I decided to add the PerfectWave memory player, and was really impressed how much detail that unit extracted from "regular" CDs.  When they released the DirectStream memory player, I snagged one of those and that is (in my opinion) the best sounding digital I've ever enjoyed, paired with the DirectStream DAC with the I2S interface.

So, if all the interest in PS Audio is "hype", I'd say it's well deserved.
They're still supporting firmware updates (even getting MQA capability) on my PWDII DAC, which was originally released about 8 years ago.  I love it and respect the company very, very much.

That's impressive.
As music lovers and audiophiles, it is important that we trumpet companies like PS Audio and Paul McGowan in particular for its/his commitment to excellence in design and manufacture of audio gear.  

As we have read here in so many different threads, commitment to excellence of product and customer service/satisfaction is not always the way of all audio entities.  In an endeavor where much equipment is quite expensive, it is important to know that the companies with whom you are prepared to part with thousands of dollars, have your back and consider you a part of the family.  That may sound like hyperbole but after watching months of Paul's daily videos where he opines about audio subjects and his relationship with his customers, it is clear that PS Audio is a place you can feel secure investing in.