Article about us Audiophiles: 'Audiophilia Forever'

david_ten
A well written column as I would expect from the New Yorker thank you @david_ten for sharing it. My only complaint is his total dismissal of Redbook CD which as most of us know has improved immeasurably. Outside the purview of the article so not a real complaint but it would have been nice to see.
An out-of-date take on audio. "LP is the standard", using hi-rez (not CD) for a digital reference, cone speakers (not waveguide/horns or the latest ESLs) as a reference.

He got (affordable) integrated-amps and headphones right, however...
Thanks for posting. More right than wrong with that article. I remember Denby as a film guy from my years in New York. Very few audiophiles in the mainstream press, and it's usually about how outrageous the prices are, or questioning the 'vinyl revival'-- nice to read something from someone who is not only a capable writer, but has skin in the game. The Fremer thing was classic. 
You are welcome, gentlemen. The article took me back to NYC...I miss living there. 
A great read.  A compressed sense of a longer journey.  What struck me was the Nordost cables.  I haven't read anything very positive about them in some time.  I wonder if other cable innovators haven't eclipsed the Norse gods.