Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Hello nutty - Thanks for the comments and the Blues for Gary link. Hadn’t heard that one from RB. Do you think that’s for Gary as in Gary Moore? GM outlived RB so I wasn’t quite sure. I love RB’s playing but gosh talk about "fashion challenged"! Some of those pants...even I wouldn’t have worn ’em.

Glad you liked the Albino Alligator (soundtrack to Kevin Spacey’s directorial debut).

Yeah...Leslie West - another under appreciated axe-wielding madman. From "Climbing" - Never In My Life. Corky’s drumming on this is just superb or so it seems to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edbw6AqF2ko

Follow-up on Buddy & Julie Miller:

I hadn't listened to their Written In Chalk album (their 2nd, from 2009) in a while, but did last night. Wow, it may be even better than their 1st! Great, great songs (most written by Julie), fantastic production by Buddy (the living room of their Nashville home is his studio), stellar singing (Julie, Buddy, Patty Griffin, Robert Plant, and Emmylou Harris) and musicianship (Buddy---a superb guitarist, Larry Campbell, Jay Bellerose, Gurf Morlix---Lucinda Williams' original guitarist and producer, Stuart Duncan, and other lesser-knowns). And, the album is available on LP.

The depth and breadth of Buddy's knowledge of American music is unparalleled (with the exception of Dylan, and perhaps T Bone Burnett), and is an absolutely fantastic producer, guitarist and bandleader (in which capacity he works for Emmylou Harris), and makes music as good as is currently being made. Written In Chalk is fantastic---just buy it!