Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I’ve had a Rogue Cronus Magnum and it’s an incredible value - especially for tube gear.  I forget why I sold it off...

Probably because I’m on this site too much!

Another +vote for Rogue Audio- I found their gear to sound better than an ARC integrated, better value as well.

Happy Listening!

Hello all!

First off, thanks for the incredible input prof, Jon, arniespin, oblgny and jafant...this is a great forum to be part of because of the fine participation you all give!

OK, right now, I'm working on a deal to purchase an ARC LS7 line-stage.  It's in great shape considering its vintage ('95-'97), offered by the original owner. He says the four 6922 tubes in it have a lot of life left in them. (Have to admit that I don't know how ANY tube-types sound as I have never owned tube equipment before...)

Haven't closed the deal yet, but...Any thoughts?

Arvin

My pleasure- arvincastro

I consider William (oblgny) to be the thread's resident 3.5 speaker expert.

I can only attest to models CS 2.4 to CS 3.7 modern designs.

I look forward in reading more about your system and musical tastes.

Happy Listening!

Arvin...
I have owned three ARC preamps - LS2, LS2B, and an LS 3 - each attained at prices that were extremely reasonable.  (The LS2B being the only tubed version.)

At such prices they represent truly remarkable values given the build quality, performance, and sonics. Though I never experienced any issues with any one of them, the fact that most can still be serviced by ARC is quite comforting.  

One thing that needs to be said about moving up the Thiel food chain that perhaps isn’t obvious to people, including myself;  as you pass the 3.5 model things change remarkably.  The 3.6 ISN’T the 3.5 on steroids. It’s a very different speaker with very different characteristics, typically Thiel in the respects to clarity, soundstage, etc.,  but way more emphasized in the midrange with perhaps a softening of the highs.  IMHO. My personal experience with this genesis has me missing the 3.5’s sonics - then again I’ve owned three pairs of them. Methinks the 3.6 model require lots of current/power to show their best while the 3.5 model requires less. 

I’m an “audiot”, new word!  With rare exception most of my gear has been purchased used, right here on Audiogon. Now a five year member, my chain of sales/purchases runs 9 pages long.  I’ve had more stuff in this time than I had during the previous four decades - and all because I found Thiel. 

True.  I’ve never before experienced a speaker that does everything so damn well.  My b&m shop had me listening to some Wilson model not too long ago and while I liked them, $16k was so far removed from my sensibilities that I wouldn’t even if I could. And they still weren’t Thiel to boot. 

You’ll be quite happy with the ARC LS7 if my experience can mirror your’s. The ONLY reason why I sold/purchased etc was to gain a remote control to remove getting up and walking the 12 feet to change the volume.  I’ve since deconstructed my separates setup with a BAT integrated. I grew weary of all the wires and whatnot.  Were I to return to separates again ARC amps/preamps would be at the top of my list. 

Hmmm...come to think of it I’ve never had an ARC power amp.  Off to the listings!