Picking a Tube integrated amp

Hey all. Trying to figure out my amp situation and am looking at a few integrated to upgrade to. 

I currently have a McIntosh integrated and want to move to tubes. I have the vivid v1.5speakers and a Clearaudio Concept. Looking at the following:

—Primaluna Dialogue premium or HP.
—Audio Research VSi60
—Octave v40SE

Question...does the AR still hold up? It’s likely it will be a used model, but curious if it’s still competing with the others I listed. Any others to consider?  

Thanks!

128x128rubytuesday
AndySF:

Cayin, Primaluna and LM do not bother me.

However, I do avoid food/pet food, cookware/dishware, vitamins, personal care products, clothing and pretty much anything made of plastic/including car parts from China. 

I listened to an "updated" Cayin PP integrated amplifier a long time ago and thought it was pretty good.

Other than upgraded caps it had a triode switch and a pot/knob that somehow seemed to adjust the damping factor.

Forget who did the mods, but it wasn't Upscale.

DeKay

I have also been thinking about the Primaluna Dialogue Premium integrated amps.  If op doesn't mind, I would like to ask a couple of quick questions.  It appears from their website and manual that only the HP model will safely use the KT150 tubes, is this correct?  Also, in its theatre bypass mode, or otherwise, can only the amplifier section of the integrated be used if one has a separate preamplifier?

Thanks,

@jetter , If you go by the comparison matrix on the website, you can see that the Dialogue Premium (non HP), can also use KT150s, and the only apparent difference is the lack of a headphone amplifier. Although as per some topics I've perused, the HP might have a bigger power transformer and other variations.

@david_ten , which Lyric did you go for? I've really been curious about their amps, and the 140 MK2 or even the 100 Class A version may suit my purposes. They are gorgeous! Please share impressions once you get it.

No love for Rogue?  Made in the U.S. of A.

If the Cronus Magnum II isn't enough, consider RP5 preamp + Stereo 100 power.