Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Looking for opinions.....

I’m considering upgrading my rack. I currently have an Adona that is very good. But the top tier is in a different class. 

Narrowed down to 3 options:

HRS - VXR rack with M3X platforms
Critical Mass - Olympus V-12 
Symposium - Osiris with Copper rails 

I have no doubt that all 3 are exceptional. And that all 3 will sound amazing. But a Rack is the one thing that’s essentially impossible to audition. So I need to pick and buy without an audition. 

The HRS and Critical Mass are twice as expensive as the Symposium. But I’m not convinced that Symposium is subsequently 1/2 as good. In fact, I’m very impressed by his design and approach. But HRS and Critical Mass have SUCH strong reputations as the best of the best. 

All opinions welcome!!! 

i use Adona and decoupling footers, or active isolation.

the problem with 'uber' racks is the 'sunk' cost, and then they are impossible to sell or ship once you have them. footers have the same or better performance, and are flexible and priced more reasonably.

if i was looking for the best rack with decoupling tech, hand s down it would be Artesania only. equal or better in performance but won't break the bank.

Matt as you know I have a very nice Stillpoints demo rack if you want one.

I still want to bring over the Baetis to do a comparison to the Memory player. 

Dave 
Audio Doctor NJ
There are a few new racks that are getting some play their is the Modulum from Canada that is cost effective and very pretty. Also the new Rogez from Poland I think is supposed to be a very cool rack. 

We were also looking at the Artensia the only issue with them is their size and weight which is kind of a problem for some people.

We are also searching for a new series of racks for the showroom, the issue we have is we need a lot of them. UGH!

Dave 
Audio Doctor NJ