Horn based loudspeakers why the controversy?

As just another way to build a loudspeaker system why such disputes in forums when horns are mentioned?    They can solve many issues that plague standard designs but with all things have there own.  So why such hate?  As a loudspeaker designer I work with and can appreciate all transducer and loudspeaker types and I understand that we all have different needs budgets experiences tastes biases.  But if you dare suggest horns so many have a problem with that suggestion..why?
128x128johnk
soundsrealaudio

WOW! I see you getting defensive now with your comments - anyone that's on meds and needs to take another one would be you,  just goes to show anyone reading your true colours. You post ridiculous non true statements - all you are doing is trolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm I never owned a pair? - ha! ha! Sorry you are wrong I did. Suppose I never owned a TechDas Airforce One table or MBL 101 Extremes - or Vac Statement mono blocks and pre and phono and can go on and on either - you have no clue!!!! 
Post removed 
james_w514 Why? I have nothing to prove - would likely say they weren't mine anyways. Ha! Ha!

One can easily look into my previous postings along with feedback sales seeing some of the items sold listed over the years.

I'm replying to his idiotic troll replies and lasts sarcastic remark - can't wait to see him in person at next years RMAF, I'm sure his tone will be different and I'll bring him some meds LOL!
The latest Stereophile compared a few of the better rated monitors against a unnamed Altec horn and reviewer mentioned the Altec besting them in many ways.
My first speaker was an Altec 4....don't know who owned Altec at the time but that piezo tweeter was ear piercing