Dedicated power circuits... Huge improvement!!!

One would think spending money on dedicated lines to your audio gear is foolish and the last thing you want to spend money on but I would recommend it to be first inline. Sure it’s easy to purchase cables and whatever else imaginable and I’m certainly in the same league. But what I can say is after chasing what’s going to make a difference, I found you have to start with the source. If your gear isn’t happy with a good feed, you’ll never notice any other changes you make(at least to a lesser degree). I just had an electrician run 2 dedicated circuits with solid copper awg10 and I connect it to Maestro outlets and initially I thought it was a waste of money. Well, it took about an hour before the new circuits started to settle in and that’s when the magic started to happen. There was more separation between the instruments, everything sounded more real and lifelike and dynamic. It appeared as though the overall volume was a bit less but really what I heard is less background “hash” which makes for a more enjoyable listening experience. Certain instruments have more attack and separation. Bass is tighter and seems to dig a bit deeper. I know this sounds crazy but I think my amp is now very happy with a good solid power source and now I think changing cables may make more of a difference.

Rick
128x128rickraymond59
Agreed-
a dedicated line can be the 1st step depending on one's locale, power company.
Happy Listening!
how much have people had to pay to add a dedicated line to an existing house?
Only parts and wire because I did it all myself. But I'm guessing thats not the answer you are looking for.
randy-1112-19-2017 3:47pm
how much have people had to pay to add a dedicated line to an existing house?
The labor can be as big a cost factor as the materials, and the cost of labor hinges on a few factors, including the complexity of the project. For example: Does the wire have to be fished through walls? And as with all of the trades, not all electricians are created equal. The one I use is a real craftsman, but many will do the job as quickly and cheaply as possible.

Nor are all dedicated lines built to the same spec. If you want to derate the wire and use 10 ga. wire, that's obviously going to cost more than 14 ga. wire. The choice of receptacles also affects cost.

If you're interested in dedicated lines and you don't want to DIY, I'd suggest calling in an electrician or two for for an estimate. As with any contractor, have them explain exactly how they plan to do the work and what materials they would use.