Goldenear Reference Vs. Focal Sopra #2.....pocket the $5k difference and don't look back?

I've listened to both, and each has its pluses and minuses. Unfortunately, I can't listen to them side by side as they are at different dealers.  :-( 
I listen to a lot of classic rock and I'm not sure the Focals are up for the challenge. The Refs sound a bit fuller (to my ears) and I think adapt better to rock music....especially with the built in subs. 
Obviosly the Focal are GORGEOUS and sound incredible...but for $5k ish more?

Im looking to buy one or the other in the next 30 days. Any advise or input would be helpful.

Thx

jnc

First of all, GE designed all their own drivers for the Triton References and they certainly aren't cheap drivers slapped in a box.  Their crossovers use all the best high end parts including Mondurf caps.  The fact that they build them in China in their own factory mind you means nothing.  I believe some of the B & W speakers and Sonus Favor speakers are also made in China yet everyone seems to love them.  If you do not like Golden Ear  speakers, its fine but don't go on with your negativity simply because you don't like Sandy Gross or where they are made.

My wife and I heard over 50 different speakers at the RMAF and we both agreed that our GE Triton References were a much better sounding speaker in our home than what we heard at the show.  I heard the Focals at the show including the new ones with outrageous colors and I still prefer what I have.  I left the show feeling really good that I made such a wise choice.  And, everytimne I listen to my main rig, it puts a big smile on my face and really engages me in the music.  This is coming from a seasoned audiophile with 40+ years in the high end.  I have owned high end speakers made by Vandersteen, DeVore, Von Schweikert, Odyssey and Paradigm and nothing has come close to the Golden Ear series of speakers.

Revel Performa 3 are made in Indonesia.....still they have an incredible finish and sound great...... 
Focal Sopra 2’s and a nice sub to get down to to where the 2's can't reach is the way I’d go.
Focal Sopra 2’s and a nice sub to get down to to where the 2's can't reach is the way I’d go.

The OPs post is specific to the Triton Reference, not the T2. The T Refs get down to 12Hz on their own and without the need for an external sub. The Focal 2 only goes down to 28Hz so I suppose a sub would be needed to achieve the same bass response. I guess the real cost difference is even greater than $5K.