CleanerVinyl-Ultrasonic record cleaner

I purchased a Cleanervinyl Pro recently and am very impressed with it! I have used vacuum style cleaners for many years. Last year I purchased a $3000.00 vacuum style record cleaner and thought that was about as good as I was going to get for cleaning records, but I was wrong. The CleanerVinyl Pro system cost me around $600.00, it is far superior to vacuum style cleaners. I took some lp’s that I couldn’t get fully clean with my Vacuum record cleaner and was able to get them clean with the CleanerVinyl system. You can see the crud that collects in the bottom of the machine, and these were already cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner.
skyhigh
@slaw- Hi, Slaw. I haven't really experimented with steaming. I know you have. Is there a point where the vapor condenses to hot water on the record surface? Is there a particular steamer that you prefer? 
I remember the threads touting it as a good preliminary step in the cleaning process, and more recently, a Fremer video demonstrating how he removed pasted-on paper/cardboard from a flood-damaged record.

Slaw wrote:

" I forgot to plug in my Vinyl Stack after turning my 40khz US cleaner on for a 30 minute cycle. I was worried but could hear no damage."

I've also done this with a cheap Chinese US machine and experienced no damage.  But when I forgot to engage rotation in the German Elmasonic machine, after 15 minutes at 37khz the record melted at the inner grooves along the surface of the bath. I conclude from this that the Elma produces much more cavitation action than some of the other machines.  

whart,

Hi whart,  The (vapor) = steam does make a wet record while steaming. A big positive is that the weight/force behind the steam, allows the initial crud to be washed away. This is assuming the user holds the lp over a sink as I do. (Some seem to use a flat (lazy susan) type of platform).

I'm currently using a DB steamer. The low cost of steamers on Amazon lends themselves to be virtual no-brainers as far as price goes as they are usually refunded if they don't meet one's expectations. So, I'd say just start experimenting.

I could make an argument for one that's more ergonomically correct, which is a plus. The main factor is a consistent steam pattern, consistent pressure along with a tank that holds at least 8 ounces of heated water.

I own the original Mapleshade. Very expensive. I've purchased 3 others on Amazon since for under the MS's original price.

Slaw,

The Vinyl Stack holder has 1" spaces between the LP's.  The reason I recommend the 6L tank is that one gallon, which is the measure its sold by in the local supermarket @ c69 makes the perfect fill level so that the LP's are submerged with all the grooves in the water and not so high it reaches the holder.  

I have owned the AD machine too - I don't like the rollers because they leave an exit mark where they disengage, clearly audible when playing a "cleaned" record

Good Listening

Peter
@dgarretson ,

I think your post proves that there should still be a concern for the amount of force behind these US cleaners and their effect on vinyl records.

@pbnaudio,

Also, the rollers in the AD also take up much needed room that is better suited to allow for more cavitation action.