My apologies_Upgrade path from Wilson WattPuppy 7's?

Folks-

I am the naive person who posted about which speaker to buy next, my system is all McIntosh, except for the downloaded high-resolution music content. Since I have price limitations, I have been attempting to audition loudspeakers under $15K, preferably used or demos. In various stores, I have heard the following:
  • Vandersteen Quarto CT's: Great bass, but an active system that does not seem to resolve high mid-range strings like a Wilson;
  • Triton GoldenEar Reference;
  • Sonus Faber Venere S and Olympica's, great sound in the store.
Currently, I am auditioning (in-house) Wilson Yvette speakers (it cost $400 for an in-house demo), and they sound great to me, but they are too expensive, even at a reduced demo price.  I started comparing frequency and impedance curves where I could obtain them (mostly Hi-Fi news from the U.K.), but I am becoming too obsessive about this.

So, I guess I could buy the Wilson Sabrina or Wilson Sasha WP (discontinued Series 1), since I seem to like the Wilson sound. Any advice?

Thanks again - Gerry
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xgerryah930
Here is how the Boulder amp behaves into the simulated easy NHT load, note the grey scale is almost the same as the pure resistive ones. This is how an amp should behave into the NHT’s easy simulated load.
Yes it will be a little worse into the WP7’s but nowhere near as bad as the Mac 275 would be.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/217B2150fig1.jpg

Cheers George

Most of you know my protestations about Audiotroy's comments that consistently appear in threads about Wilsons. It's not about defending Wilsons. We all have our tastes in speakers and Wilsons are certainly not for everybody.  If I were an ATC, Raidho, Eggleston or Rockport fan (and I am, big time) and Audiotroy was constantly invading those threads to sell his wares, I would have the same problem.
Well Gpgr4blu, the OP got in his hoverpack from whichever state he is in and sped over to our shop and purchased two dozen pairs of speakers because of our suggestions. The reality is that I have no idea where Gerry lives and he has not contacted us so it doesn't look like he is coming. 

How about, you making some relevant suggestions, if the man has all the issues he has stated with Wilson what is your suggestion that he should do?

As some of the posters suggested he should change his amp,  and then he still may some of the same issues he is having. 

By suggesting the Legacy or Persona you have totally different products which work well with  his amplifier and both of these speakers are magnificent and highly rated.

The Legacy is more WIlson like then the Personas, with a big full rich sound, and with a Wavelet the speaker is totally customizable to match his room's acoustics, and taste. 

So now lets move away from your negative comments about my company, please offer a sages advice on what Gerry should do as he is clearly not convinced  and has found his next set of speakers.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Audiotroy:
You remind me of the Personas you always try to sell everywhere you go. A little bit on the bright side and pretty impressive at first. Then a bit too aggressive and annoying the more you listen.