Tekton DIs or Legacy Focus SEs?

I saw on the forum the huge discussion of the Tekton DI speakers after I had been looking at them and the Legacy Focus SEs. I have upgraded my components to many Agoner's advice and I'm now running a Parasound Halo A-21 with a Mac C48 pre, all pushing B&W 802 Matrix 3 speakers. While I love my 802s, I'm frustrated with the lack of rock performance they produce, Jazz is definitely more their forte! Can any of you Agoners who've heard or owned both help me with this dilemma so I can push the button on one of these obviously awesome speakers???Thanx!

Steve

128x128cohicks4
Diofan56 the dealer is Audioarchon here in the north side of chicago...from the Axpona venue no traffic 30 min...

Hi guys

I’m a newbie here, 1st post. I’m from Ohio. Very interesting site you have here. Currently own a complete Ascend System...All Raal,... Towers, Horizon Center, Sierra 2’s. Also have (2) PSA 1801 18 inch Subs.. Power is a ATI 6005 Signature Series with a Marantz 8801 and an Oppo 203 ...I’m looking to upgrade and take the 2 Towers upstairs in a little system I’m putting together for my wife. So I’m looking for speakers.. We tend to listen to a lot of video concerts . Ya know, invite a few folks over, open a few beers/drinks and watch a concert... At spirited levels . 110-112 ish dBs from that 9.5 Listening Position.. 24 x 16 Room with 8 1/2 foot ceilings....Listen in 5.2 mode.. Mostly old rock and roll. ...Eagles,Pretenders, Floyd... etc....My son is in a band, and they just cut an album, so some of that stuff will show up also... His "music" is metal...with screaming ..LOL .. hope he don’t read this . Are these Double Impacts a good choice for this? Will they take being pounded on...so to speak . I have been reading their musical with lots of impact... Perfect sounding so far ... .. Should I go with the 4 Ohm option? Still be enough headroom left with the ATI if I do ?

Nitrobob, can't answer all your questions but Eric recommends the 4 ohm version. I would call and discuss it with him if you have concerns about that.
I've heard both, along with several other brands a couple of years ago when I was on a quest for new speakers for the family room... After about 5 months of searching I decided on the Legacy Focus SE's. The Focus SE's (IMHO) are the best value in audio. The speaker will compete with speakers that cost 3 or 4 times as much. The Focus look great (Rosewood finish) which takes care of the wife factor and sounds even better than they look.. I drive these speakers with a Marantz 2500 that has had a frame up rebuild with all up graded parts. (Sal, you did an outstanding job). I listen to everything from jazz to rock and what has impressed me more than anything is that the Focus doesn't have to be driven hard to enjoy Yet, when you want to crank up a little rock in roll there is nothing lacking with the Focus. It is a speaker that you can listen to for hours with out the fatigue that some speakers induce....The difference between the Focus vs Signature will be in the sensitivity 92db (Sig) 95.4db (Focus), and freq resp 22-30k (Sig) 18-30k for the Focus SE...www.legacyaudio.com