Vandersteen fans..need your input (TREO CT)

Hey Guys, I love my TREO CTs, but I feel like they don’t really start to shine until I crank up the volume to 85dBs or higher. I feel like the details are missing at lower volumes. I know I have a lot of acoustic issues in my space, but generally speaking, at what volumes do you guys listen to your system. Just to give you an idea of my system, I’m using an Ayre AX-5/20 integrated, Aurender N100H streamer, Denafrips Terminator DAC (also an Ayre Codex DAC), AQ Earth XLR cables and AQ GO4 double run bi-wire speaker cables. Any of you guys do low volume listening...like the when your family is a sleep. Any general tips to improve the low volume listening experience? I suspect I would benefit the most getting room treatments but it’s not an option for me at the moment sharing the living room.  Thanks in advance.
Also, check out this link on youtube, it’s rare to see TREO CTs in videos on the web.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zKxBalxq1c
nycjlee
I agree with tomcarr regarding room treatment. At the very least, walk around your room clapping your hands. Listen for any echoes.
Tack up some foam panels (try Guitar Center or Home Depot) on ONE of the walls producing echoes. Makes a difference!
+1 on addressing room issues - read the recent thread on room acoustics. And realize that response above the Schroeder frequency behaves differently from that below.
Audionoobie made an interesting observation when sitting close to his speakers. If you listen in near field you experience more direct sound from the speakers and less from the reflections in the room. If there is more bass boom when you move back, it suggests that room modes are amplifying (and degrading the quality of) the bass.
@nycjlee, 
Did Johnny set up your speakers? If so, why not give him a call and get his take on this? He'd have good knowledge of your room and could make suggestions that would apply to your room directly.
As you might remember, I have the non-CT Treo's with a pair of 2wq subs. FWIW, I, too, like to increase the volume sometimes. But, I think when listening at lower volumes you really aren't getting the lower frequencies as much as you are when listening at higher volumes. In my office, I listen at lower levels and ended up dialing up the subs to compensate. 
bob
Just a quick question, do you have carpeting or area rug in the room? If not you may want to add one. I have found that no speaker sounds good at low volumes if you haven't addressed that first bounce reflection from the floor. If you do have a rug there I would agree with gdnrbob and suggest you talk to John Rutan at Audio Connection, especially if he is your dealer. I am sure he will have some ideas for you.
I've found that low volume listening depends on your amp's power supply. A well designed "stiff" power supply will provide details and dynamic contrasts down to the lowest level. If you always think that you must increase volume to hear details, you probably need a new amp.