Let's talk power cords

Does a upgrade really make a difference over a stock cord?
128x128thirsty93
They make a big difference all day long. It is so easy to hear even in my relatively "budget" system.

It was easy to hear on my "cheap" system as well. For any new guys here or those "sitting in the face" do yourself a favor and try one. Doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. The Cullen Avius power cord I have cost $129 with a thirty day money back guarantee.

Cheers,

Scott
Thirsty,
Without question over the years through a number of audio systems (mine and friends) I have heard the positive impact of using well designed/made power cables. I’m surprised when I read comments from those who say they do not hear an improvement with better power cables. The comparisons were quite stark in contrast in some instances and subtle in others.

Some say scam and I disagree based on my listening experiences. If you are truly interested to determine for yourself, borrow 3 or 4 samples from the Cable Company and compare them in your system. There is a modest fee but worth it if you’re really curious. Good luck.
Charles
Here we go again!
This has been debated many times...
@jmcgrogan2, I could not stop laughing at your post, my friend!
@thirsty93, IMHO power cords do make a huge difference period.
Anyone that has not experimented with power cords should not comment about this question based upon common sense.
If one can’t hear the difference between several upgraded power cords and/or a stock power cord then I believe one of several factors come into play here.
Equipment isn’t up to the task to produce the differences in music.
Your ears are not trained to pick up the finer detail.
You have a hearing deficit and don’t realize it.
I would always recommend that if a stock power cord can be easily replaced, eventually do it when you have the cash. Many stores will allow an additional trial period so you can decied for yourself.
Sorry for all you "hopfuls" but they do make a difference.  Heard it significantly 15 years ago when I put in one SR Master Coupler.  No fake news here.
This is the same controversy that involves the issue of cables generally. There are people here who do not hear the benefits of cable burn-in. It doesn’t align with their adherence to science, believing that all parameters of sound must have a measurement of some type to justify what we hear.

@thirsty93 Like others have suggested, I would borrow some power cords from a place like the Cable Company and judge for yourself!

Bonne Chance!