Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@aniwolfe you like a Lyngdorf 2170 system.  Your pleasure is not with a class of amps, but with a particular brand and design of a powered dac.  I don’t like broad brush generalizations, but rather think we should share on individual pieces.  Agreed?
Hi Bill,
Yes, I was referencing this large thread, no negativity toward the Lyngdorf 2170. I spoke with Kenny awhile ago and he’s as happy with the 2170 asv you are. I’ve yet to read of someone who has heard it and wasn’t impressed.
Charles
Hey grannyring,

Really don't know why you need to defend class D amplifiers, in that I did not attack them in the first place. I clearly stated they do not produce sonicly what I'm looking for in my system based on my personal taste, not yours.  I also did not , "classify all D amps" I mentioned the ones I have personal experience with, which are highly regarded, and still found them highly lacking in their performance for my ears.

Notice I'm not married to one technology, I use both SS and tube gear, but in either case there is an overall musicality I'm looking for that so far I don't get with D based amplifiers.  Is there some D amplifier out there that might float my sonic boat, possibly, but I have not heard it yet.  My list of other D amps is pretty extensive ( Rowland, Karma, Wired for Sound, Audio Research, Red Dragon) and yes I have heard the Lyngdorf that you rave about.

So, when you conclude my statement regarding my general dissatisfaction regarding D amplifiers is not a logical conclusion, I believe that your criticism is not valid.  I don't error either in an all or nothing position or rule out in a rigid/fixed way that there is no D amplifier that exists that would ever satisfy my personal tastes.  However, at this point I have not heard one that I would like to own or listen to compared to the other amplifiers I mentioned.

Your conclusion that some how I'm promoting, "class D system discrimation" on this thread is way off base and not grounded in the facts that I have shared in my posts.  I have always shared my opinions bluntly, but have never attacked anyone on a personal basis or dogmatically stated that my tastes are right and others are wrong.

I don't know, maybe you own stock in the Lyngdorf company, that contributes to your strong passion in the support of their product.  I'm not "invested" either for/against D amplification, just find other types of amplification much more what real music sounds like to me.

Maybe teajay hasn't read some of the posts from tube admirer's that love the Lyngdorf enough?. I know I have heard Solid State/Tube amps that sound much more mechanical and less involving compared to the Lyngdorf
We disagree it seems Terry. I read your post several times and as a reviewer your posts have meaning and impact on many. I stand by my response as a Reasonable understanding of yours and more importantly a reasonable understanding of how others will take your post. Just giving balance here and both of our comments are great for the community when taken together.  

This is a wonderful thread and I am confident it will stay that way.