Ayre KX-R or PS Audio BHK Pre

Hi 
I have an chance to buy either of the above 2 pre amps. Price is not a problem as I am getting a great deal on the Ayre as a demo unit. Still the Ayre is a bit more expensive but I can live with the price difference. What would you guys recommend. Associated equipment is as follows. 
Power Amps Classe CT-M 600
Speakers B&W 800d
Current pre Mark Levinson No. 38s
PS Audio Direct Stream Junior
Clearaudio TT with Avid Phono
Music tastes are mostly Classic rock with some Jazz thrown in. 
srafi
Another +1 Ayre.   I know its not the 20, but the Ayre KX-R twenty I heard was absolutely beautiful sounding.
In your position, if at all possible, I would audition both preamps in your system and choose your preference because it will be only you not the forum who will live and listen to your system .
Yep, you should hear them both in your system and room and decide from there.  I have never heard an Ayre preamp, so I can offer no opinion on that, but I now own the BHK preamp and I have found it to be seriously worthy, with the nice advantage of being able to "voice" it with selection of the pair of tubes used.  Now, it could be interesting to hear an Ayre preamp in comparison....
How could you not jump at the Ayre..  I'd also send it to Ayre and have it upgraded...they do a wonderful job.
Thanks for the input guys. I feel an update is needed from my side. 
I am not based in the US. The Ayre unit is with my dealer and the PS Audio unit would have to be imported. So having an in house demo is not possible. Our mkt is really small and the dealer does not have any "demo" units. The particular Ayre unit I am looking at is basically brand new, just opened to see everything works. It carries a full factory warranty. 
The only way for our small Audio community to buy stuff is based on reviews and input from fellow enthusiast like you. From what I am able to understand is that while the PS Audio unit is excellent and would compete well with any pre twice its price, the Ayre is on another level. I am thinking if I get the price I want I will step into the Ayre and hope for the best.