Switching to solid state amp?

I have had tube amps for the past 20+ years and have totally enjoyed their sound in my system.  I am thinking of trying a solid state amp.  Pass Labs comes to mind but would be open to anyone who made the switch, was happy and what brand worked for you.  Btw I will still be using a tube preamp.  Who has been happy with the switch?

bobheinatz
I moved away from tubes after about 15yrs. I was looking for an amp that would keep that midrange magic but have more grip, speed and headroom. I took a chance on an Italian brand called Audiozen that is brand new to the US through Mark Sossa at Well Pleased Audio Vida. I went from tube integrated to hybrid integrated and couldn't be happier. Audiozen also makes the Lysios dual monaural power amp which is currently being reviewed by Srajan of 6moons. Keep an eye out for Audiozen. Amazing stuff and great value.
My use of tubes are seasonal.  I use an Audio Research VT100 (tubed) in the winter when I'm paying for heat in the room anyways.  In the summer I switch to an Audio Research D400 SS amp.  I much prefer the tubes, AR does have a sort of "house Sound" that makes them similar,  on the upper panels of my Infinity IRS Gamma's, but my environmental self doesn't let me heat a room with 500 watts of electricity from the amp and then remove the heat from the room with 1000 watts of A/C.  It makes a good reason to looking forward to the cool weather and shorter days!
I used a tube amp (845). Due to high tube mortality I decided to move back to solid state camp. It took me a while to find a replacement, an amp that sounds close to what the tube amp had given me. I settled down on Karan amp. I think this the closest.
I was going toward a similar path as you, although a bit in the opposite direction. I've always had brystons and spectrons but was wanting a little more musiciality so after a ton of listening I ended up mating with a hybrid tube pre (AR LS-17se) and loved what it did for the sound. It opened things up so much but after a while of listening something was missing, although I couldn't put my finger on what. I ended up trailing a few tube amps (quickie v4's (with both kt88 and 120), AR 100.2, and rogue. After those sessions I realized I could deal with the lack of the Brystons muscle in return of the holographic sound of the tubes. I was all set on getting a set of the V4's and was sold on tubes when John from Audio Connection (Verona NJ) had me listen to some of his Belles amps. First the Aria integrated, then the aria monos....literally had one of the best sounds (to my ears) to the point I stopped wanting solid state or tubes , it didn't matter as the amor just sounded good. Usually when I demo something I make mental notes on what stands out, maybe what's missing but with the Belles I just listened....for hours. 
John ended up letting me demo the sa-100 and it was game over. 
In the end everything is system dependant and everyone's ears are different but with the Sa-100 I feel I got the listening experience I wanted with tubes and the reliability of solid state. I can't say enough about Daves products or Johns expertise. 
Give Belles a listen if you have the opportunity