Persona 3f vs B&W 802D2s

I am in the market for new pair of floor standers, I am starting with the speakers and then will decide on how to drive them.  I listen to everything from classic rock, country, easy listening, classical, musicals, opera, and jazz.  The majority would be in the classic rock category.

My listening room is 14'x18' with 9' ceilings, carpet and untreated.  I also have a 24'x24'x20' family room that this system may get re-purposed if the wife lets me put floor standers in there (it is a Florida home with built in cabinets so I currently have KEF R300, R center with LS50 rear and it is not enough for the room).

My speaker budget is around $10k and really like the Persona 3f (and my wife likes the look) for $10k or a demo pair of B&W 802D2s for $9k.  Was just wondering how the community would compare these two speakers.  Unfortunately I cannot listen to them side by side.
mobiusmu
Please contact us for the most indepth info but here is what I would say

Anthem STR a nice integrated good sound, good punch the speakers deserve even better

Bryton way too dry, unless matched with a good tube preamp

Mcintosh warm lacks detail and resolution in my opinion way over priced for the level of sound quality

Anthem AVM 60 great pre/pro for the money not as good sounding as the Audio Control/Arcam stuff, 

If music is your passion then the best option would be to get a good 2 channel setup, take the optical digital out of the TV set the TV to output PCM digital and run that output into the digital input of a dac or an integrated

One of our favorites Naim Uniti Nova $7,000.00 or the new Micromega M150 or depending on volume the less expensive M100 at $4500

The Micromega is very tube like. with a wonderful rich midrange, Naim similar runs out of steam a bit earlier.

If you love rock add a good sub as indicated. 

Stay away from brighter cables AQ, Nordost, Wireworlds are very well balanced. 

Again hope that helps.

Best electronics we have ever used T+A audio from Germany, absolutely amazing sound, build quality and technology, a bit expensive but destination gear. 

Your wife is right on the looks the Personas are sexy without too much bling and now you can also get magnetic grills. 

If you set them up correctly they are astonishing.

If you are in our neck of the woods New Jersey?NY Metro we have them on display in our shop.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
I would add that there are two distinct strategies you can imploy:

1: Preamp/processor and amp this will give you the ease of integrating TV and alloy for easy transition to surround sound Pros/Cons paying for stuff you are not using right now, and less resolution with lower quality dacs built into preamp/processor, depending on unit some have decent music streaming.

2: High end integrated amplifier which would sound best for music, and you can add a surround sound receiver if and when you decide to do Home Theater, many of today’s integrated amplifiers have a Home Theater bypass function so it is easy to do so. The only con with this approach is you would have to add the surround receiver later.

As I mentioned before it is easy to set up the TV to output audio to a high end integrated

Products like the Naim Uniti have wonderful music streaming app and have buiilt in Tidal and Spotify connect, Apt X Blue tooth. Airplay and Google Chromecast. So you can basically stream the world with a nearly unlimited supply fo music.

Another cool feature is Roon integration is coming to Naim, the Micromega shows up with Airplay. 

Another nice thing with the Naim sleek not to big and not to heavy, all you would need would be one set of speaker cables,

Also if you have a wife and family the Naim app is super easy to use and makes an excellent way to add whole house audio with products from the Naim Muso line, think Sonos but better.

The Micromega is similar to the Naim in some ways a bit better does not have a great app, but does have an excellent room correction feature that can help tame live rooms, which many Florida houses tend to have.

With both the Naim or Micromega products you would have money left over for a good set of speaker cables and a sub.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

I absolutely would say Personas.  

Nothing against the B&W, as I think these are the best line they have ever made (and I appreciate the look), but I just think the Personas are more coherent in the mid/treble region, more holographic, and better looks by a little bit.  The main reason, is amazingly enough, the Personas are considerably more engaging and musical to me and every one of my friends who are into audio (one being a die hard B&W fan who has had the old school 801’s, and the just barely discontinued 802s).

Paradigm made something very special.   I just wish the price jump from 3F to 5f got you a bigger performance leap, but according to Paradigm, they underpriced the 3F to hit a magical price point.  Once you realize that, the cost of the rest of the line makes sense.  The 3F is definitely a steal at the asking price.
yeah seriously, the802d measurements are really bad.
harman room demonstarete that the JBL lsr6332 in a blind test is prefered over the 800D
Hey Contuzzi right on, that is why we say add a good sub which helps round out the sound and give some additional augmentation.

One of the other main differences between the 5F and the 3F is the larger cabinet size interacts in the room to produce a bigger overall sonic picture.

The 3F are indeed a bargin especailly considering the remakable driver technology. 

Setup correctly absoulutely amazing we would take the Person 3F over many much more expensive loudspeakers and when used with a sub you would have to spend a boat load more money to find something better even twice the price. 

The new Naim stuff is awesome we have the little Atom and it sound crazy good, the Nova replaces the Super Uniti which was pretty special in its day, the new Nova is supposed to come much closer to Naim's $13k Nac 272/250DR setup for $7k.

https://hometheaterreview.com/naim-uniti-atom-all-in-one-wireless-music-player-reviewed/?page=2