$1000-$2000 Floor-standing speakers for larger room w/NAD 326bee

I’m looking for a set of floor-standing speakers for our main listening room. They will be 2 channel music only. They need to be "cat safe" (no fabric on front, or removable grills), able to fill a larger room (20x15 with vaulted ceiling) with decent volume (typical max listening level is 85-90db but a lot of listening is at low volume as well) and efficient enough for a NAD326BEE. Budget is ~$1000-$2000 for the pair. My old speakers in the room were open baffle design (Hawthorne Audio Duets) and I did like the relatively open sound stage they provided. I may move them to a different room or just sell them (they’re too wide for our current configuration in the room and they aren’t too high on the "cat safe" scale). I have a couple of Polk TSi400’s in the room now as "placeholders" until I decide on a permanent pair. Minimum distance between speakers is about 8-10 feet and listening position is about 10 feet from the speakers. The speakers will need to be within about of the wall behind them. The floor is carpeted.

Music is a mix of Jazz, Classic Rock and Classical and sources are turntable and streaming from a Roon server. I live in the Atlanta metro area and

I’ve been out of the speaker hunting game for a while so any suggestions would be very much appreciated!
ruleof72
Post removed 
The Vandy's would be a great choice as they mate SOOOO well with that amp.  I used that amp for years in a second system and got to use it with my Treo's and when I didn't push too hard, it really was magical.  Too bad you can't spray something on the cloth that repells the cats, lol. Good luck.

Check out either the Golden Ear Technology model 7 ($1395) or the larger model 5 which is $1995.  They are great all around speakers and  their efficiency  is  87 or 88db.  The NAD 326BBE should work  particularly very well with the model 7's  The larger model 5  should be mated with the larger NAD integrated, with  at least 80 RMS 

Good luck, S.J.   

go see Alan at HiFi Buys in Buckhead
i got a pile of stuff from him and he carries most of the brands mentioned above as well as NAD
...the Vandy are not cat safe alas... few speakers are really
i sold a ton of ADS to cat owners back in the day....metal grills !,,,,

i talk to Richard Vandersteen about every two weeks
i will ask about the cats....
i can already hear what he will have to say about cat armor on the model 2....
i expect his Dutch frugality will win the day...