Love my ipod, Hate my ear buds....

As on old time audio guy, who just got my first ipod. I know, I know...so I'm a little slow...not thrilled with the phonics, but enjoy the portability and interface, but, HATE, HATE the ear buds, extremely uncomfortable and so sensitive to exact placement...
So I thought I ask my friends here who must have struggled with this already. If I want this for easy portability ie slip in my inside pocket (so no bulky head phones), what options have you found that are comfortable, small and sound reasonably good.

I thank you in advance for your suggestions.
seric56
I have the Shure E2C and they sound pretty darn good. I imagine their new 530s are the cat's ass. If you can afford 'em, go for it. Otherwise consider the 2s, or 3s, or 4s...

-RW-
Sony is the inexpensive version of shure or sennheiser. For $50 you will be much happier. These fit inside your ear, don't fall out, you won't have to worry about placement and are quite comfortable.
The new Nuforce headphones are under a hundred bucks and very nice; they retired my Etymotics, which i always found tough to get in the ear properly anyway. might be just my ears though...
I had the same reaction when I first got an ipod. My first pair of upgrade phones were the Shure e3C which sounded good but never were quite comfortable no matter which eartips I used. I recently replaced them with Klipsch Custom 1's which are more comfortable because of the oval-shaped tips. The Klipsch bass is not as deep as the Shure's, but the comfort is worth the change.
One nice thing about the Shure IEMs is that the cord goes up and around the back of your ear (I'm sure some other brands do this too). Once you put them in they stay and you don't get a lot of noise when the cord is bumped. I had the Etys and they sounded really good but when you bumped the cord (which is a lot if you use them when you are moving around) it made a lot of noise you could hear and was distracting. The Shures don't do that. Also the seal would come loose on the Etys as well requiring pushing them back in often.