GoldenEar vs Dynaudio vs Nola vs ProAc vs Everything else.

I have had a near impossible time finding speakers that I am in love with. Where I live and my work schedule prevents me from being able to audition a lot of different speakers.

I am a bit on information overload from reading reviews, and having a hard time how to narrow down speakers.

My listening room, is our main living room which is 16 x 23 with vaulted ceilings going from 9 to 12 in the center of the room. Listen to vinyl and streaming, and a mix of indie rock, classic rock, jazz, and a pinch of everything else. Do a lot of casual listening while in the room and not necessarily one specific listening location.

The speaker placement is going to be tight too, not a lot of space off the side and back walls thanks to a closest coming slightly in to the area the speakers can go.

I am leaning towards tube amplification, like a PrimaLuna Premium HP, but not locked in on anything until I get the speakers sorted out.

I am not attached to any of the above brands, but all brands that I have enjoyed a lot of what I have read about them.

My price range is around 10k, and happy to by used/demo/pre-owned or new. I am also happy to spend less if not going to see a significant gain in a speaker towards the high end of my price range.
128x128ccc8282
Dynaudio’s are not tube friendly....for the most part. I would look at something else if using tube amps. Speakers in the higher (92) sensitivity rating that work well with lower powered tube amps.

Matt M
If you like tubes and not worry about WAF factor look at tekton website, Omega speakers are mostly for tubes,they make good speakers, I got my supercone rs8, a month ago my viva 300B love it, I just ordered tekton impact monitor they will be here latest next Thursday, another tube loving speakers...I like the looks it’s unique...
Post removed