Searching for the most "accurate" speaker (below 15K)

I’m looking for the most accurate and resolving speakers (budget is <= 15K). Paradigm Persona 3F, Kef Reference 3 or Focal Sopra 2 are some of the options I can think of. Any opinions on how these compare? Should I had other options to this shortlist? The amplifier is the (absolutely extraordinary) Nagra Classic AMP.

Thanks! :)
128x128vermeer
Vermeer we are a dealer for many speakers that you mentioned in your post including the Paradigm, KEF, ATC, as well as Dali, Gradient, Cabasse. We don;’t sell the Focals but lets see if this give you some guidance.

If by what you mean accuracy is clarity then the KEF, or Persona’s are really your best choice out of what you mentioned.

We have the KEF Blades, and the Persona 9H in the same room, so we are pretty knowledgable about both brands.

The KEF Reference 3 are very clean, dynamic speakers which throw a big soundstage and have tight clean bass, their drivers are world class and the speaker sounds very coherent.

The Personas have an edge over the KEF’s in their Beryilium drivers are even clearer, and faster with more air then the KEFs.

Another area where the Personas are truly amazing, is image holography.

The Personas throw one of the most realistic images you will ever hear they are spooky. in terms of how much depth and width you can get from them.

ATC’s drivers are world class and they do have a natural midrange, a super tight midbass and great dynamics, and a wide soundstage, however, the Paradigm Personas just offer more resolution and gradiations in low level detail that if you use great components will reward you with some remarkable sound.

As per Quads I owned them, not even close in terms of accuracy, and with all planers you get diapole cancillation effect meaning the front wave is out of phase with the back wave. This creates truncated dynamics and compression when played at realistic volume levels.

Harbeths are way more colored than ATC, if you look at the two companies their philsophies are totally different, ATC uses an inert cabinet, Harbeths are tuned to ring musically to the sonic input, this makes the Harbeths appear very musical but if you look at most of the studios that use ATC you will find that most of the top rock and pop recodings over the last 40 years were all mastered or mixed on ATC.

I am not trying to denegrate Harbeth, they have a lovely sound, but that sound is not as accurate as an ATC.

Some people complain ATC is bright they are hardly bright, extremely neutral and very engaging.

So if you are looking for speed, articulation, 3d imaging, very tight  bass, and the ability to play loud, the Personas will be hard to beat.

Now to the Focals, the new Sopras are way better than most of the Focal speakers The new wave guided tweeter is better integrated with the Focal composite midrange, the speakers for the first time throw a much more focused sound stage.

Where they differ is the magical 7 inch pure Beryilium midrange, and the pure Beryilium tweeter, this means the speaker sounds very coherent, in the case of the Focal’s the composite midrange driver has a warmer more colored sound, with less of that 100% seemless quality of the Personas.

Their blend of clarity and punchiness makes them very fun to listen to speakers and are a bit more forgiving then the Paradigms.

The Paradigms are in our opinion one of the most remarkable speakers to be introduced in the last 10 years, with that being said you must be careful with system matching as the speakers have literally no coloration, and for many listeners that can be too much of a good thing.

I would need to know more about your system to guide you.

Please feel free to PM our store and we will be happy to offer you some additional guidance. I will say honestly you could not go wrong with any of these choices, they are all terrific.

The Personas in our opinion are the most life like but also the trickiest to get right.

Dave onwer,
Audio Doctor NJ
For speed and accuracy single driver horns are a great way to go. Charney Audio builds full range single driver real loaded horns based on the tractrix theory. I have the Maestro and they will sound awesome in a 200sq’ room. Bass is deep and clean with present midrange and sweet highs. Soundstage and imaging are off the charts realistic. Charney horns will emotionally draw you into the music, to feel the artist and get what they are doing. Build quality is off the charts and are a true work of art.
If possible check Charney out at the Capital Audiofest.

Chris
@vermeer 

First of all, congrats on the Nagra Classic Amp. I've heard it once and was amazed by its pure performance and amazing bandwidth. Even at very loud levels with the orange clipping light activating, it never lost its composure, not one bit.

I've never heard the Paradigm Persona 3F or the Kef Reference 3 (would like to) but I have heard the Focal Sopra 2, many times in fact. I've never heard that speaker sound good but for one time. And that was with PrimaLuna and Audio Research tubes. I still find that speaker to be quite clinical and not to my liking.

Back to your Nagra. I heard it about a month ago in stereo mode with the matching Classic Pre. Source was dCS Debussy DAC with Network bridge and AudioQuest cabling. Speakers were the fabulous Wilson Audio Sabrina's. It was really really good. It may be my favorite pairing of the Sabrina's that I've heard. I can tell you first hand that this is a very well matched system and so I know the Sabrina's work very well with Nagra. Dave Wilson indicates that he uses Nagra in a video I saw on the tube. Search Youtube for Wilson and The Audio Salon in Santa Monica for a video of Dave talking on Nagra. The owner of The Audio Salon, Maier Shadi, is a true gentlemen and could help you in your search. I only know Maier in that he demo'd that system for myself and a friend. I have no other connection with him but can highly recommend him.

Post removed 
Absolutely agree with audiotroy on the Personas.  And no I don’t know him, in fact I have even complained about his posts in the past, (although I don’t really have an issue with them 99% of the time).

It just so happens that if you have heard the 3F’s PROPERLY set up, they are unreal.