Thiel CS2

I just recieved a pair of Thiel CS2 speakers for a VERY good price and was looking for information, opinions, and comments on these speakers as I am not familiar with Thiel at all. Anyone with experience that would like to share would be appreciated. 
128x128giantsalami

Agree with dlcockrum and rcprince. I've owned Thiel CS2's since 1986. Auditioned Vandersteen 2Ce finding them overall a bit "restrained." Nice sound but not as engaging.

Thiel loudspeakers will give you richer timbre and detail than Vandersteen.
Model CS 2.4 is a strong competitor against your 2CE Signature II speaker.
It is a matter of musical taste, preference. Happy Listening!

Thanks for the replies and again sorry for the hijack. This pretty much sums up my experience with Vandersteen as well. Nice sound but not very detailed or engaging. I may have to pick up a pair of 2.4s.

Watch eBay- audionoobie

the CS 2.4 shows up there on a regular basis for very good prices.

Happy Listening!

I had to remove them, Jafant, for construction of the listening room. However, I was quite impressed with them,especially for the age, and they have me hankering to try a better model. I have the monitor and sub set up going now, wich is why I asked if they make a monitor, but am open to floor standers to swap out on occcasion. any recomendations? These will most likely go in a second (downstair) system. The WAF isn't there for the living room. (1980's) : )

Hello I have a question for Teil owners that may be monitoring this old thread. I recently came into possession of a set of Teil CS3a's along with Conrad Johnson amplifiers. So far I'm pleased with the sound, but in the mix of equipment I brought home was a small black box marked 'Teil Bass Equalizer' Does anyone have any experience with this gizmo or know exactly what it's supposed to do? I hook it up and I can't tell if it does anything.