Fake XLO cables from China

I have purchased lately 2 XLO power cables on Yahoo Japan and Ebay.  One is called XLO Purple Rush and the other Signature 3. The cables look like the real deal but it turns out all 3 are fake and sound no better than stock computer cables. Stupid me, but at least I want to make sure others don't repeat this mistake.  
taviran
Thanks! for sharing your story- taviran.
You guys are correct in that china does sell counterfeit cabling. They have it down to a fine science.
If the price is ridiculously low, the photo shows an apparently new cable, and the description includes phrases like "barely used" or "demo" that's a clue. 

There is a XLO Purple Rush listed on Audiogon right now.  The seller told me he had previously contacted XLO to confirm the authenticity of his cable, but didn't get a reply.  He wasn't concerned since the cable has given him outstanding performance, bettering his high-end MIT and Synergistic research cables.  

A simple email to XLO resulted in an immediate reply - this cable was announced but never released to market, all Purple Rush cables are fakes - no prototypes in the wild either.

The buyer has a 100% positive feedback score totaling nearly 300, and is a member for almost 10 years.  

What to make of this, and what should be done?  Honest mistake or sophisticated setup?  The item's been reported to Audiogon, but no action has been taken yet.  If the item