Vienna Acoustics Liszt - Fad or Future?

I just read a review on the Vienna Acoustics Imperial Liszt. The reviewer like them (don't they always), but I don't know about the movable head unit. It could be the future of speakers, or just a fad. Speaker purists are likely to say it's just a marketing gimmick.

At $15k list, they are not cheap. I have a pair of VA Beethoven Grands and like them - a lot. But I don't know about the Liszts, it could be the next Edsel.

Thoughts?
ben77059
I totally agree with Goose, and I am not pushing this speaker for any marketing purposes or anything else, I don’t have any affiliations with any dealers, just really like what these speakers bring out - emotion in music, natural timber and openness. You get the feeling that you surrounded by very natural, not irritating sound. Strongly recommended.
Lots of great praise for these. I will definitely put them on top of the list when I am ready to upgrade. I have some I need to sell before I can buy anything new.

Thanks for all the input.
Vienna speakers sure sound different - a rather unconventional  or odd measured response. That new HF/mid drive unit is scary - it has a magnet no bigger than a tweeter and produces the most Q resonances I have seen in a long time. Most designers would be concerned with the response of the KISS through the mid range and lower treble, as Atkinson alludes

https://www.stereophile.com/content/vienna-acoustics-klimt-kiss-loudspeaker-measurements

As it has been a couple years since this thread originated, would these same people say the same things, or has some other loudspeaker derailed the Listz from their former lofty perch?

In the Listz, I thought only the midrange was latterly moveable. And the ‘Music’ was the one fully adjustable with it’s mid and tweeter with repeatable incremental shifts including elevation.

More importantly, would either the KEF Blade (either one, I or II), or the VA ‘Music’ be a substantial elevation of performance to the Listz?

Anyone push the Listz with 30 – 60 wpc tube amps? Nice? Great? Ho hum?

as for measuring concerns, at the end of the day, the measurement we all use to pay for something and put in our rooms is our ears and our eyes. well, yeah, our wallets oo. O scopes ain't he end all be all and I don't think they like anything but 'electronica'.

had to tag in on this for sure.

blindjim,

The Liszt has a coincident driver (midrange / tweeter) in the upper cube that moves in lateral fashion.  Forward and aft changes in the whole speaker are made via the spikes.  As a side note, a "friend of a friend" had the KEF blade II's for a while but sold them and went down the Harbeth route.  Apparently he wasn't fond of the treble signature.  Just one persons data point.