Is Jim Smith's Book"Get Better Sound"Best Book ?

Recently, I sent for a copy of Jim Smith's book " Get Better Sound" @48.50 delivered. Since I started reading Jim's viewpoint I have made significant improvements to my listening room. What about you ? For those that have read the book , please express your viewpoint pro or con.
crem1
I was just recalling that one of the best setup rooms I ever heard was at the Audition store in Birmingham Alabama back in the mid 80's, where I bought my first pair of Magnepans based on what I heard. Actually I went with a friend and we both bought pairs of Maggies that day. Didn't realize until recently that this was Jim Smith's operation back then, so that says a lot for me.
I never know about this book until today when I browsing though Audiogon's tweak section. Normally I would be reluctant to purchase another good-sound type book, but when I saw that it was written by Jim Smith, I placed my order without giving it a second thought. Jim is truly the real deal.

The first time I met Jim was way back in the early '70s when I bought a set of speakers from him at the now long-defunct Sound Shop in Norfolk, Virginia. Years later when he opened Auditions in Homewood, Alabama, a good friend mine and I jumped in a car a drove down to Alabama from Virginia just to check the place out and to see what Jim was up to. Even though Jim was still putting the place together, we able to hear some great sounding music and talk about all sorts of stuff audio. His main staff at the time were some Norfolk, Virginia, transplants that happen to be some guys that we used to hang out and listened to music with. (Jim, please don't hold that against me!) Anyway, we had a great time in Birmingham, we bought a few pieces of used equipment, and received first class treatment the whole time.

Now I can't wait to get the book and do some adjustments in order to Get Better Sound. This book ought to be the next best thing to actually having Jim Smith in your listening room. I'll sure let you guys know.
50.00 is inexpensive which I'm sure we can all agree. Even if I got no benefit I'd have something to read while listening. I'm going to order one for sure!
Seems like every generation a 'definitive' audio book is written. I own both Laura Dearborn's 'Good Sound' & Harley's 'Guide to High-End Audio'. My question is for those who own all of the books; will I find out anything in Smith's book that hasn't been covered by the other books AND decades of reading audio mags??
Gallo,

I used to be able to read while listening too. The book helped a lot, and now after my latest upgrades, my system is too involving to think about reading anything.