Amp recommendation and setup advice please

Hello,

I love music and I adore quality sound - I cannot listen to music on ordinary speakers/devices.

I have been trying to do my research on sound systems/speakers/amps etc.. and learn/understand the whole shebang, but I'm not that much of a tech head. 

I want to buy the Klipsch RF-7 II tower speakers (I think they are passive, hence requiring an amp). 

I want them for both my new TV and also the vinyl/turntable setup I am going for, which is as follows:

Turntable - ProJect Debut Carbon Premium with Ortofon 2M RED (cartridge)
Phono (pre-amp) - ProJect Phono Box DS
Speakers - as above
Subwoofer - thinking either Klipsch R-12SW or R112SW
Amp - ??

I have a few questions:

1. Am I on the right tracks for having all the essentials?
2. Can someone recommend a good amp to power my speakers and sub please, and does the sub need powering or does it have it's own amp? 
3. Do I need a DAC for TV and connection to laptop? If so can you recommend a good one please? I was thinking of Audioengine D1 Premium 24 bit DAC Interface Connector.
4. Please suggest any alternative products if any of the stuff I mentioned are no good or don't fit together that well.
5. How would I set all of this up? Do I need anything else?
6. Do I need more speakers? I'm worried that the sub may be too much bass and drown out the tower speakers. 

I apologise for my lack of knowledge - I've just signed up here because I read that I could get advice and guidance from enthusiasts and experts. I know that my questions and post may frustrate some of you as I may have made some rookie mistakes, and perhaps this type of post has been done a 100 or so times but wasn't sure how to get answers/help. 

Many kind thanks in advance!

Mo
laher
If you're sticking with those speakers, I'd recommend a class D amplifier. There are loads of brands to choose from. I have a pair of class D monoblocks that I purchased here for $600. They put out 500 w into 4 Ohms, which is the stated impedance of my speakers. My speakers both have side firing 12" drivers and my amps control them just fine. I haven't found the need for a sub yet.

+1 on what @auxinput says about needing a preamp. I don't know if I'd go the HT processor route, as I prefer to keep everything stereo and analog, but a preamp is necessary. Unless, of course, you buy an integrated amp, which combines the amp and preamp into one chassis. You could even find an integrated with a built in phono preamp and get rid of the need for another box. And there are plenty of class D integrated amps to choose from...
Thank you all for your input. 

Okay, no sub for now - 1 less thing to worry about. 

I initially was only trying to get a setup for my turntable, but then my father was looking for a soundbar or speakers for the new TV we have in the lounge area so I thought of extending my setup to include the TV. 

But if it's easier to purchase some average active speakers with DAC for the TV and then focus on my setup purely for music (vinyl on the turntable, and occasional iPhone/iPod/laptop connection) then I'll do that instead. 

If this is a better approach then please recommend a good pair of active speakers and DAC - I was looking at the Audioengine A5+, any good?

Okay, so for my music setup, integrated amp (preamp + amp) or high end HT processor? I guess if no TV is in the mix then the integrated amp would be a better approach right? And I would still need a DAC if ever I wanted to plug in laptop for example, right? Any recommendations here? Unless of course you guys tell me that it's still a good option to try to incorporate the TV for my father and I should go down the HT processor route?

As for budget, I don't know how much I should be spending on an amp or HT processor. I want good quality, I like to have the best or close to. I know in this game the best could cost $25,000 for example, and I'm not going to pay that. But let's say $1,500 max, but of course if there are ones in the 400-800 area for example that will bring out the best of the speakers then great! I'll leave it up to you guys for recommending a few in different price categories with pros and cons. 

Can you also please recommend a good phone preamp if the one I was looking at is no good? 

I am interested in the Klipsch RF-7 II speakers based on some research and some reviews but I'm open to alternatives. I have a few others on the list that I was considering - PSB Image T6, Wharfedale Diamond 11.5, Aperion Audio Intimus 6T, Dali Zensor 7. 

I guess, I'm open to any suggestions for both setup and type of devices, as well as the devices themselves. 

Everything l came up with was all based on my research and knowledge but it clearly shows that I have a lot more to learn. Hopefully I'll get there and over time be able to experiment with different products and setups to one day contribute as you guys do :)

Many kind thanks once again, nice to know that there are audiophiles out there who are willing to share the wealth!
Besides being nice and tidy, what other benefits does an integrated amp (preamp + amp + phono preamp) have? Do you have any recommendations based the budget I mentioned? I don't know too many makes/models. 

Does anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't go with the RF-7 II speakers?

How about DAC? Thoughts and recommendations please?

What sources do you have for the TV?  Satellite?  Bluray/DVD?  Powered speakers are cheap, but you might still have to get some sort of HT Processor to handle the audio/video.  It may be best just to look for an inexpensive AV Receiver and pair with some good but economical speakers.  The ELAC B6 booshelf speakers (designed by Andrew Jones) have been known to be very excellent.  Then pair with a used AV Receiver.  You are still pushing $600-800 for this.

As far as the turntable system, one item that comes to mind is the Parasound Halo Integrated.  Obviously, it is a preamp/amplifier combination, but it also has both a DAC and a phono preamp built in.  The unit has a USB input for the DAC, so you can connect your computer directly to it.  I think used ones typically come up for around $1600-1800.  There's a new-in-box one on ebay for $1999.  Just search for "parasound halo integrated".  It also has an analog crossover and subwoofer output that would allow you to add a powered sub at anytime.  It's very versatile.

There are other great integrateds, such as Hegel.  Some of them will have a DAC built in.  Almost none will have a phono preamp.  You can definitely get better sound quality by having a separate DAC and phono preamp, but it can get expensive.  You should probably post questions in other forums.  Use the Analog forum for phono preamp questions.  Use the Digital forum for DAC questions.

One DAC that comes to mind is the Gustard X20 Pro, with USB input for $869.  This has been known to be a really excellent DAC for the money and will match DACs that are much more expensive.

As far as speakers, this is very personal as everyone has a different idea of what they like.  I would recommend just going out and listening to different speakers to get an idea of the "kind of sound" you like.  Certain brands have their own sonic signature and it will help to dial in the type of sound you are looking for.  Speakers sound very different.

Check out Peachtree audio. They make some very solid integrated amps that have a built in DAC as well, though I can't remember if they have a built in phono too.. but they look great and apparently sound lovely. They utilize class D amps..