Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
The hiss reduction functionality that is provided these days in professional audio editing programs works in a far more sophisticated manner than simply rolling off the highs. For example, the user can define a very brief segment or segments of the material in which there is no music, allow the program to sample and analyze the hiss during those moments, and by taking advantage of modern computing horsepower "subtract it out" from the musical passages.

Of course, that is not to say that there won’t be undesirable side-effects. There certainly can be, but to a greater or lesser degree depending on the judgment, musical sensibilities, and expertise of the user. And more specifically on how judiciously he or she adjusts the numerous settings that are involved in using any such program, and on how aggressive he or she chooses to be in minimizing the hiss. And depending also, of course, on the nature of the material and the amount of hiss that is present to begin with.

Regards,
-- Al

Al you are probaby aware one can do their own digital mastering at home quite effectively and  for free with a tool like Audacity. I use Audacity these days to digitally remaster all my audio files I convert from vinyl or tape.  Some ripped from CD as well.   Mostly I do click removal with vinyl source and data normalization in general for better dynamics but targeted noise removal is possible as well.

Results are clear and distinct. Need not be a fuse lover to hear them.
Anyone else get the Blue fuses yet? They aren’t available here yet. 
I had another black fuse on order but it got lost in the post, so I’m hoping to change the order for a Blue fuse, although it will be mid October at the earliest when they get another fuse delivery.
"All of the information needed to understand audiophile fuses is out there."  It is? Because it's certainly not in here! And not in the minds of most audio engineers and modern gear designers either. SR's gibberish about "Quantum" something or other certainly doesn't explain anything, and their apparent need to mention imaginary patents (a lie conveniently ignored by the "Fusers," as it simply doesn't fit into their SR worship format) doesn't either. Remember, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. I don't consider my posts to be a waste of time as clearly I enjoy poking the Bear of Mythology, and shall continue to do so in the face of this steaming heap of nonsense because I can.
Again Wolfie ... there are those of us who really don't give a damn how these things work, only that they do. Instead of going through life doubting everything, I prefer to just kick back and enjoy. Pull out your moth infested wallet and pay for one of the new fuses. If you don't like it, get yer money back and yer only out the cost of shipping. 

Frank

PS: I don't care about patents either. And ... I believe you're the only one talking about them. Did Ted Denney mention patents?