what speakers to buy

so this is my 1st time posting. the question is what speakers. i am going into this blind trying to put together a decent system on a budget. i live in a city where bose is considered the high end of high end and the nearest audiophile shops are hours away.
over the years i have owned a lot of vintage gear and still collect some of it. solid state and tube. some of the tube gear was marantz, macintosh, dynaco, heathkit, radio craftsmen, pilot etc. also the usual solid state marantz, pioneer, kenwood, adcom. speakers jbl, polk, altec (model 19 and vott), paradigm, klipsch, bozak, sansui, AR, advent. all the usual suspects
so far i have purchased a copland tube pre cta-305 and a pair of rogue audio m180 amps. all mint condition all under a year old for under half price of new. i also have a denon DP-60L TT 
(with sumiko pearl cartridge)
speaker budget is around 5000 give or take a 1000. if i'm patient i think i can find something that was originally in the 12-20k price range for what i want to spend.
so far i am leaning towards ew andra ii, dali euphonia 800, canton reference 3.2, revel studio ii. size is also a factor and all of these are within that limit.
i have a fairly large area open concept living /dinning and breakfast nook with high ceilings.
and i know "dont buy without listening" but not an option
so looking for some opinions/options

after speakers i will be getting tuner, cd and music server, current interconnects and speaker wire are all ZU mission

dragonbutx
We are talking about speakers, but your source should be excellent to experience what all those speakers are capable of. I don’t think your Denon with Sumiko cartridge and Rogue phono stage will cut it. Cables do not have to cost thousands but really good cables are not inexpensive, sometimes even used.
I like ProAc recommendation.
  I read all the replies and I don't recall seeing anyone say, "Buy Bose"). A road trip definitely is in order for you. What is your nearest big city, and how far away is it?
chicago and indy both about 3hrs away.  the phono stage is in the copland cta-305 preamp with mullard cv4004/12ax7 tubes. 
I agree that the Focal Aria 936s are fab, and thanks for confirming my experience with them. I've listened to them with the NAD M32 I'm going to buy and loved what I heard. The 926s not so much.
I agree with Randy-11. I would definitely audition a pair of Maggie 3.7is. I am predudice being a Maggie owner and lover for 40 years. Hooked me I I never looked back. In addition to the Maggie's I have used Revel 208, Focal Aria 936, and B and Ws, I just prefer the Maggie sound.