Amplifier matching with omega super Alnico Monitors.

Hello everyone:- I've not been here for a while, but I've just bought a pair of Omega super Alnico monitors , so I can have a second system in the house. I was wondering if there was anyone out there with amplifier recommendations. First up they will be run with my line magnetic 518ia. But maybe there are better synergies for a single driver speaker of this type. Any thoughts are welcome. I'd love to hear of others experiences with this or similar speakers and various amplifiers.

borg7x9
That's a good point. The S500 would be very maintenance free for all day use. I see they have an ex dem one for 1500 on there website. I've always been very sceptical of digital amplifiers. I've only ever heard some driving b&w 802s. Not my idea of fun. But I guess things have moved on in the last 10 years though. Definitely an interesting way to go. 

A 250 watt amp is major overkill. For solid state consider the First Watt amps. 
@seanheis1 That may be so, but I can tell you that I much preferred the Red Dragon S500 to a First Watt F7 in a direct comparison in my system a few months ago. I owned both together at the same time, and kept the RD. I wanted to F7 to be a keeper, but it did not sync in my system very well. It rolled off the highs and was too soft (less dynamic, less engaging) compared to the S500.

@borg7x9 For all day running, I would never go with a tube amp or a class A ss amp! Class D is perfect for that!
Hi guys, I can see both your points of view. 250 does seem over the top, but if they work well at initial few watts and sound good then $1500 is a bargain and they would run economically and cool all day. That said if I were going for one of Nelsons creations, I'd love to try the XA30.8 on both the omegas and the orangutangs. I read very good things about it. 

Ive got my SAMs in. I'm running the LM518ia, LM515cd as a dac with MacBook Pro Spotify. Auditorium cables.....So Nothing fancy. 

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by how good these speakers are. Considering they are just plonked on a sideboard they sound fantastic and are doing exactly what I hoped they would. I'm listening to Leonard Cohens album, you want it Darker. It sounds fabulous. I'm not feeling the need for a sub at this point and the top end is all there. At least I'm not hankering for any more top end. presentation is very open and free of the speakers just as i was hoping for.

Mid range is great, ( but the amp excels at that ) Cohen voice is palpable, deep and gravelly, lovely. Moved onto "new skin for the old ceremony" now. Still very good.....I think it could be a late night tonight. Might even open a bottle of wine 

Dont think I could have asked for any more at the price. I'm very happy. I'll post back different findings with different equipment as I go. Please feel free to ask questions and continue to post suggestions. 

thanks for all your input so far.

Myron.

I've never had the chance to hear a single driver speaker.  Do you think they are missing anything compared to a two-way stand-mount?  I've heard that single driver speakers have certain compromises that for some are too significant.  Of course, I imagine they do other things better than a 2-way.  Would love to hear your thoughts on the sound you're getting.