Question for cable/wire naysayers.....

For those who state that cables don't make a difference...... are you saying that all cables sound the same?  If not, what are you saying?   I've experimented with many different brands and materials and I can't possibly believe that those naysayers hear no differences.   And if the science says that the cables should sound the same, a simple experiment (listening!!!) should prove otherwise.  Or, are these naysayers not listening for changes in resolution, soundstaging/imaging, coherence.....and so on between cables?  Please elaborate on what you are NOT hearing and feel free to drop names.  What cables have you compared that didn't sound different?   I've just gotta know.  I'm floored every time I see a post or response in which cables are called snake oil or something comparable.  Please enlighten me......Thanks.
lcherepkai
czarivey
I hear differences, but don’t spend on wires more than $50/m/pair. My good knowledge of math blocks me from taking silly decision to spend more on just wires.
Discussions of cables often omit two of the most important factors, imo, and those are the quality of the connectors and the quality of the terminations. In my experience, good connectors alone cost more than $50 for a set of four.
The point about where to spend on audio is interesting.

Most of us have limited budgets for these things, so what has the biggest ROI when spending for audio improvements? It is sometimes said the top 3 things affecting sound quality are: source material, speakers, and room. Suppose you have great source material, excellent speakers and an appropriately treated room. Where should money go next for best ROI? My choice (in order) was:
- AVR / processor + amp with whatever room correction software it brings to the party.
- Source electronics (blue ray players, streamers, even TVs if they use the audio return channel)
- Cables

While cables came in last place, it doesn't mean they aren't important. But for me, they don't "move the needle" as much as other audio investments, and they got a lot less of the budget.

cleeds,

your experience perhaps not matching mine.

I stand for the math terms 'Necessary And Sufficient' when it comes to hook-up.

Check out Mogami Gold 2m hook-up wires $43/pr so you can check your math on that one including connectors. Amphenol gold/rhodium plugs can be purchased separately at around $2...3 per piece and they seem to be premium quality ones and very easy to work with when replacement or upgrade needed to stock RCA plugs of let's say 70's...80's vintage turntable. Other plugs designed more for fasion than for performance and you'll be mostly paying for brand around 80...90% similar to Prada wear and shoes.

Just remember, recording engineers at the best studios use lamp zip.

As always, don't change the art. Use the gear which changes it the least. It shouldn't cost an exorbitant premium to achieve this.  

Understand that any speaker cable can be made to sound different from the others, but if there's a secret sauce to justify cables costing hundreds or thousands of dollars, I'm all ears. Just remember, it'd need to also justify the fact that the recording engineer uses drop cord and commercial balanced cables bought by the metric ton. 
At the risk of burning my brownie points, which would you rather have?

- one of the world's best MC step up transformers, or
- boutique cables?

Maybe it's just me, but I voted for the first.