Question for cable/wire naysayers.....

For those who state that cables don't make a difference...... are you saying that all cables sound the same?  If not, what are you saying?   I've experimented with many different brands and materials and I can't possibly believe that those naysayers hear no differences.   And if the science says that the cables should sound the same, a simple experiment (listening!!!) should prove otherwise.  Or, are these naysayers not listening for changes in resolution, soundstaging/imaging, coherence.....and so on between cables?  Please elaborate on what you are NOT hearing and feel free to drop names.  What cables have you compared that didn't sound different?   I've just gotta know.  I'm floored every time I see a post or response in which cables are called snake oil or something comparable.  Please enlighten me......Thanks.
lcherepkai

Showing 3 responses by atlaudio353

Simply put, all speaker wires can sound different when either resistance, capacitance, or inductance is changed. However there's no secret sauce to obtain whatever signature sound any cable allows which justifies exotic prices.

https://gizmodo.com/305549/james-randi-offers-1-million-if-audiophiles-can-prove-7250-speaker-cables...
Paul, what are naysayers universally saying? 

Are they saying that *all* cables will work the *exactly* same? That's not generally how the argument goes, but more of one critical of exotic and boutique, high-priced cables justifying their premium price point.

Also, if I use cables which are $5 radio shack blister pack, and plug in $1300 plugs and prefer the $1300 plugs, should I immediately assume I HAVE to pay $1300 to receive that benefit?
Just remember, recording engineers at the best studios use lamp zip.

As always, don't change the art. Use the gear which changes it the least. It shouldn't cost an exorbitant premium to achieve this.  

Understand that any speaker cable can be made to sound different from the others, but if there's a secret sauce to justify cables costing hundreds or thousands of dollars, I'm all ears. Just remember, it'd need to also justify the fact that the recording engineer uses drop cord and commercial balanced cables bought by the metric ton.