Thiel CS2

I just recieved a pair of Thiel CS2 speakers for a VERY good price and was looking for information, opinions, and comments on these speakers as I am not familiar with Thiel at all. Anyone with experience that would like to share would be appreciated. 
128x128giantsalami
Do a search here for the Thiel owners thread, lots of helpful folks there.  I almost pulled the trigger on those speakers back in the mid-80s, but got CS3s instead because of the additional bass (and I couldn't afford the 3.5s at the time).  The CS2s won't go much below 40 Hz, but they image beautifully and are very coherent speakers.  In a mid-size room they will sound very good.  I have heard them with NAD amplification and more expensive amplification, they will benefit from better sources, but they can sound good without them as well.
Thanks, RC. I'll do some research,but was looking for the quick info route.I see by your response that the quality/drivers increase as the numbers also do. I will be driving them with a Modwright amp and pre and will be taking them for a listen soon.

The VERY good price you mention is something that you'll find unbelievable soon enough. Thiels are truly excellent speakers, especially on the used market where the fraction of their original cost lets us mortals enjoy them. 

Your model is easy to drive, meaning you don't need an uber amp to see what they can do. I'm up to 3.6 now. 

I hasten to to add that these speakers are remarkably "colorless", musical in the sense that they don't impart much to the sonics. They just sound right.  If you're into bass response they might first strike you as a bit lean in that respect, but after additional listening you'll find that the bass is more "true" than emphasized.  

I started with your model.  I've had 3 pairs of 3.5's, one each of 2.2 and 2.3, most recently, currently 3.6.  They're all fine. 
Welcome to Thiel ownership. Bought my CS2's in 1987. One of my best ever audio purchases. Drive them with a Hafler 9180 mosfet amp. Sound is accurately and completely described by rcprince and oblgny.
As with most all speakers I guess room placement and dampening help soundstage. 
Enjoy!

Welcome! giantsalami

Please feel free to join us  on the Thiel Owners site.
I am interested in reading more about your system and musical tastes.
As you massage the CS2 into your listening space, post your impressions and thoughts.
Happy Listening!