Current speaker threads are boring

Almost no talk regarding great speakers, just some endless midlevel stuff. Why is that?
inna
wolf-garcia

That makes me laugh. The only time I wear a helmut is doing happy hour, which by the way I have extended from 3 to 6 all the way from noon till bed time. Usually about 7;30 or 8:00
One should not judge other people " fi " whether or not you think it is " high " or " mid " .

How often have you heard someones system and think it is terrific only to have them tell you they are going to purchase new speakers. 

It sometimes goes  the other direction, they love their system and you leave thinking you could best it for a K.

Mikey nailed it best-if I am not mistaken in his review of the ARC Ref 6-that at the end of the day a good sound reproduction system either draws you in or pushes you away. I am of the belief that far too many electronics and speakers on the market today ultimately push you away. Not immediately-I say "ultimately" for a reason-it happens slowly over time. There is a very easy test-after six months of stasis-no change-are you listening or are you doing other things with your time spent sitting around? I said it earlier in this thread, but with speakers-like no other component-there must be a match with the room. So, you have to audition and if at all possible, audition in your own listening room. So to the point-is the speaker forum boring? Yep, it is. Why? Because most posts are about whatever speaker is hot on the forums or hot in recent reviews and are relatively affordable. The KEF LS50, the Tektons, and Harbeths seem to account for over 75% of the posts right now. Interestingly, each is quite different. The KEF is arguably a technological advance (even though KEF introduced it more than 10 years ago), the Tekton to my biased mind is just a new iteration of the much-raked-over Legacy line, and Harbeth represents the best of traditional British bespoke speaker design. There was a time when B&W was the hot speaker, and Acoustic Zen, and Legacy and before that Martin-Logan and SoundLab and if you go back far enough, Advent, KLH, and the Bose 901. And fast forward to today and to my mind there are too main camps of exotica at opposite extremes. One is what I call "space ship" with machined metal run berserk-drivers, enclosure, and chambers milled from solid billets of aluminum, titanium, berylium, and that elusive magical element, unobtanium, and the other well represented by the Burwell and Sons Mother of Burl semi-reviewed in the latest edition of Stereophile. Obviously, Magico and YG Acoustics seem to dominate the "space ship" camp at the moment. There's a guy who is very knowledgeable about turntable alignment and a regular on Audio Asylum who recently posted that he will not consider a loudspeaker for purchase unless it utilizes high-tech drivers and a curved enclosure. If I am not mistaken, despite his advanced engineering knowledge his idea of a great turntable is a vintage KAB modded Technics SL1200, not that there is anything wrong with that. The same guy insists on using el-cheapo cables as anything else is a waste of money. My point is that I think the folks that have insightful things to say about loudspeaker choice don't tend to post over and over again on audio boards. I guess it up to us to bring up little known or less-talked about speakers that are interesting. The fact that any such speaker is probably satisfying for reasons that are unique to room and taste makes such posts relatively uncommon. 
The last interesting speaker thread was about vintage speakers and speaker technology advances, or as some thought the lack of them. Different impressions, different angles, different points of view.
 Most old guard members stopped posting here or appear very rarely. They have a lot to say but lost interest.