Moving a 5,000 vinyl LP collection safely

Hello everyone,

I am moving from New York City to the Hudson Valley. I have packed my 5,000 LPs into boxes that are 13 x 13 x 13.

My questions are:

— Is it OK to stack them up to 4 boxes high? 5? 6? Since there is about 1/2 of space left in the top of each box, bubble wrap is laid over the top of the vinyl to fill the remaining gap before closing and sealing the box so that the boxes stay square and don’t collapse.
— When put in a moving truck with a rear cab that is 10 x 26, should I be worried about how hot it will get in there for a 2 hour ride from New York City to the Hudson Valley when the temperature is expected to be about 80 degrees?

Thank you in advance for your helpful advice.

unreceivedogma
128x128unreceivedogma
It's a 65 mile move, two hours, in 83 degree temp, from NYC going north to the Hudson Valley. Cars can get hot very quickly in those temps. I have no experience with trucks with no windows.

I finished packing. It is 68 boxes, not including the 4 of 78s. I will move those myself.

Part of the issue is that I have not moved in 41+ years, moving is new to me.
It will get hot in the truck, but it won't effect your records.  Think about how many hot trucks your records were in before you got them.
I recently moved from the lower Hudson Valley to Austin, TX, with approximately the same number of LPs. I packed them myself in double walled boxes that I got in bulk from one of the specialty suppliers, Bags Unlimited. I numbered each box and had a word document (i'm not great with spreadsheets) inventorying them, some specifically by title, others by catalog (where I owned a lot of a particular catalog). The movers taped the boxes, and hauled them from a third floor to the truck.
This was in the dead of winter, so heat wasn't the issue, but water slop was. The records were taken to storage in Conn. and in mid-April, hauled to Texas. I don't think 80 degree F temperatures are a big deal.
 Since commercial movers are what they are, no matter whether "white glove" or not, it may be worth talking to your insurance broker for some additional insurance during the period the records are in the mover's hands. Not that this is a complete solution, but it may give some additional comfort. 
My records arrived unscathed. 
Hudson Valley is beautiful in autumn and spring. Sounds like you are going north of Bear Mountain, which is approximately 50 miles north of the city. We were near Piermont. 
Good luck, time consuming, tiring but you'll get it done. 

20mi or 68mi doesn't matter and 83 degrees isn't an issue.

been moving quite a-bit and quite-a distances with quantities far exceeding 5000 records.