Oppo Vs Esoteric

Folks,
I would like to acknowledge the fact that I have heard the Esoteric players at AXPONA and coupe of other places. But my question is how much better is a Esoteric K-07X or K-05X compared to the Oppo UDP-205? I know that the Oppo UDP-205 is a killer machine for $1300. But it is a Jack Of All Trades, while the Esoteric is (soft of) Master Of One. So in that sense, can anyone let me know if it is really worth spending $$$$$ on the Esoteric (or a Marantz SA-10 or Luxman) compared to the Oppo?
Please share your experiences if you have compared the Oppo UDP-205 to any high end CD/SACD player.
Thanks!
128x128milpai
@oem-wheels , I have the Modwright 205 and love it. Please let us know what differences you hear when you get it back. Mine went straight to Modwright so I never heard it in stock form.
lancelock , will do... i almost did the same thing you did ... went straight to the modded... but decided to spend a couple months with the stock 205 and then decide if the difference between them was worth the price...
I wasn't dissing oppo I actually own the brother's company Resonessence Mirus Pro Dac. I think the oppo machines are great for what you pay for them and they do video/sacd etc. The truth is that is a good CD player but not a great one in comparison to the others brands. Those brands cost 3 times the price but the do provide better playback!
Thanks for the folks. While it looks like the Oppo is not a giant killer, it is a great bargain for the price. My choice will be dependent on the loudspeaker I end up with, because the budget will set the purchase decision. Besides, it looks like a few DACs now-a-days have the HDMI option. So the Oppo can be used as a transport. I don't know of any other transport that has HDMI out for DACs like Bryston BDA-3, Holo or the Vinshine Denafrips DACs.
HDMI and I2S are not the same thing and, if I understand correctly, are not compatible even though both use a "HDMI cable" (with some I2S using RJ45).

The BDA-3 does have 2 channel HDMI capability, but the Holo and the Denafrips are I2S and would not work with the Oppo as a transport via its HDMI output, but of course would work as a transport for all via Coax S/PDIF..

Dave