Oppo Vs Esoteric

Folks,
I would like to acknowledge the fact that I have heard the Esoteric players at AXPONA and coupe of other places. But my question is how much better is a Esoteric K-07X or K-05X compared to the Oppo UDP-205? I know that the Oppo UDP-205 is a killer machine for $1300. But it is a Jack Of All Trades, while the Esoteric is (soft of) Master Of One. So in that sense, can anyone let me know if it is really worth spending $$$$$ on the Esoteric (or a Marantz SA-10 or Luxman) compared to the Oppo?
Please share your experiences if you have compared the Oppo UDP-205 to any high end CD/SACD player.
Thanks!
128x128milpai
I haven't heard the Esoteric but I got the OPPO 205. The 205 is very detailed but found it digital sounding. Note my system is pretty revealing with beryllium tweeters. So I just sent it out to get it modded by Modwright. You can check his website out as to what he does to it. Pretty much takes the digital sound out which was my target. Everyone raves about it. Anyway what's cool about it is you can swap tubes in it to target the sound you like most. You'll only have to spend few hundred dollars to do it instead of buying new players. From what I've read it's a great sounding "do it all" component. Bluray, CD, sacd,  downloads, does DSD512...Modwright has a sale on them right now but normal price is about $3500 for everything. What's the Esoteric cost ? 

@oem-wheels , I have the Modwright 205 and love it. Please let us know what differences you hear when you get it back. Mine went straight to Modwright so I never heard it in stock form.
lancelock , will do... i almost did the same thing you did ... went straight to the modded... but decided to spend a couple months with the stock 205 and then decide if the difference between them was worth the price...
I wasn't dissing oppo I actually own the brother's company Resonessence Mirus Pro Dac. I think the oppo machines are great for what you pay for them and they do video/sacd etc. The truth is that is a good CD player but not a great one in comparison to the others brands. Those brands cost 3 times the price but the do provide better playback!
Thanks for the folks. While it looks like the Oppo is not a giant killer, it is a great bargain for the price. My choice will be dependent on the loudspeaker I end up with, because the budget will set the purchase decision. Besides, it looks like a few DACs now-a-days have the HDMI option. So the Oppo can be used as a transport. I don't know of any other transport that has HDMI out for DACs like Bryston BDA-3, Holo or the Vinshine Denafrips DACs.