Thief Alert

aircooled911 is trying to sell equipment here. I thought I purchased a Yggy dac and sent him the money along with extra for a few more items. He would not use paypal so I gave in . I know, please don't rail me for proper purchases on the internet. I have been selling and buying stereo equipment for years with no problems.
He went dark last week after a 100 or so emails. Please stay away. I have the banks involved, and my cousin is a bail bondsman/bounty hunter so it should be fun if I ever catch up with this guy. 
128x128benzman
I'm sorry to read this.  I've had nothing but good luck buying and selling on Audiogon, but I've been in touch with others who have run into the occasional seller who is not on the up and up.

I do always use PayPal and a credit card, just in case.
Out of curiosity, what is the etiquette for mentioning something if you think you smell something fishy.
The other day I was interested in a piece of equipment and I asked the seller a question about the voltage. He answered and later that week I noticed that his photos (posted a week after initially putting up the post) contradicted his answer. I'm a relatively new member, so not looking to cause a stink, but wonder what is customary in such a case.
I investigated a little further and noticed that all his 100% positive feedback was from before 2013. It smacked of a hacked account.
I considered asking him the same question publicly as a way of tripping him up if he wasn't legit.
Any thoughts on best practices in a situation like this?
Josh
Benzman, this thief's real name is Michael Campbell.  He's been ripping people off for years. He's used addresses in Ohio and Florida.  He took me for $100 maybe a decade ago.  More recently he took a good friend for around $2000.  Crime doesn't pay?  Ho, ho, ho.
I always use Pay-Pal, no problem....I always pay their fees, I don't do friends and gifts.....I tell people when they pay me , keep it straight .......I would say Pay-Pal has paid me back at least 6000.00 in bad purchases.....That 4% they charge is cheep insurance .......I had a strange thing happen....I bought something in UK for 750.00, didn't get a tracking number after several days so I asked Audiogon to check it out....The seller got mad and cancelled my buy and sent my money back.....The seller was new to Audiogon, was out of the US and had one very short feed-back........Wonder why he got mad at me ???   autospec
Be careful. Always look at the price. Always see if he is overseas. Ask multiple questions about how he got it. See if he knows the equipment well enough.  Etc.  I only do PayPal.  If I can't then no deal!