Oppo Vs Esoteric

Folks,
I would like to acknowledge the fact that I have heard the Esoteric players at AXPONA and coupe of other places. But my question is how much better is a Esoteric K-07X or K-05X compared to the Oppo UDP-205? I know that the Oppo UDP-205 is a killer machine for $1300. But it is a Jack Of All Trades, while the Esoteric is (soft of) Master Of One. So in that sense, can anyone let me know if it is really worth spending $$$$$ on the Esoteric (or a Marantz SA-10 or Luxman) compared to the Oppo?
Please share your experiences if you have compared the Oppo UDP-205 to any high end CD/SACD player.
Thanks!
128x128milpai
I think the Esoteric P-02 and brother have VRDS transport mechanisms that weigh around 11 lbs. The DAC is a 32 bit design that uses 4 AK4399 chips which achieve 35 bit processing. Weight is around 68 lbs, which is more than many good amplifiers.
Do the Oppo players offer anything like that????
My Ayon Cd5s is several leagues ahead of my Oppo105D - so much so that the Oppo on SACD is far beneath Red book on Ayon. So I use my Oppo to listen to the audio tracks of DVD and Blue Ray movies only. I have no bone to pick with Oppo it has been reliable and I love their high end headphones