Move router far from hifi components?

I just finished reading Hans Beekhuyzen's Kindle book on file based audio. This is what he said about where your router should go.

"Like cell phones, Wi-Fi uses radio frequencies that might cause interference in your stereo. Try to keep the Wi-Fi access point as far as possible from the hifiequipment and always use well shielded audio, power and network cables on your hifi. If Wi-Fi is your only choice, you’d rather hope you’re in an area that has little Wi-Fi traffic."

i don't think I have heard about this before and was wondering if this really makes a difference. I'm tempted to move my router and modem to another room to test but wanted to poll everyone to see if they have done this.
128x128lxgreen
I have considered that, jmw. Dunno at this point if I will go that far or if that will help substantially.

I started with simply making sure that the noisy switching power supplies and their accompanying DC cords are routed carefully away from all other cables/gear as much as possible. Second, plugging those noisy power supplies into a receptacle fed by an isolated dedicated AC line (at least not shared with the rest of my audio gear). Third, covering those power supplies and DC cords with EMI/RF shielding fabric I bought through Amazon (cheap).

Thinking next step may be adding RF/EMI absorbing material inside of my DAC to reduce penetration and eliminate internally generated noise from bouncing around inside:
http://kgs-ind.com/wp-content/uploads/products/pdf/Absorber_Flyer-IM-02.pdf

Toying with the idea of adding SR Tranquility base(s) to create a field of protection around the most sensitive components, but now just using Shakti stones on top of DAC and its external power supply.

Dave

Wifi is fine for hifi if done correctly.  Going usb/ethernet adds other issues, such as the need for galvanic isolation.

Implemented correctly any of the above will be xlnt.

The ultimate would be optical as you don't need to worry about galvanic isolation, etc.
$500 spent on a used Topaz isolation transformer can be money well spent while you are waiting for the optical.
re: linear power supply - an oft used solution to noise injection problems for DACs; but first try a DC power cord (no, don't waste money on a spendy AC power cord for your amp) a DC power cord that is made up in a star-quad wiring configuration.

I believe Ghent sells these  or you can make your own.
Highly recommend a LPS for routers, just installed the W4S LPS 1 on my router and it made a big improvement in the back ground, tonality and ambience to the music. Its just sounds right. I also run optical and have the FMC, Net work switch on a separate LPS 1.