Subwoofer recommendation

Hi AudioGon community,

I'm looking for a used sub that would integrate well into my system and where I can purchase.
The sub is for music playback and I want it to blend seamlessly with the Revel speakers and not be difficult to place or set sub settings. My max budget is $400-500.

I have Revel M106 speakers and a Plinnius 1800 Integrated Amp.  The integrated amp has preout  and loudspeaker connections (no sub out).

Room is approx 12' x 12'.  Please also recommend cables. I've read a lot about subwireless systems, sub eq systems but its a bit overwhelming.

So far my considerations are:
SVS SB12
Revel Concerta B120
Rel T1

Thanx for your help AG folks, Fred 

freddukedavis

I ran Vandersteen subs for years. The Vandersteen sub system with the crossover before the amplifier does integrate very well. The problem is the crossover is not transparent. As I upgraded my system I moved to the battery biased m5-hp crossover which is more transparent than the stock cossover but still smears precise sounds like higher frequency plucked strings and well recorded vocals. For a while I ran the subs with rock and roll and would remove them for jazz. I finally got tired of this and moved the Vandersteen subs into the home theater systemEnter your text ...

12'x12' room.
Not be difficult to place or make settings.
Blend seamlessly.
$400-500 budget.
Overwhelmed by self equalization.
Buy used.
Cables?

Self equalizing subwoofers, which are far less overwhelming than manual adjusting, would address five or six of your needs with the exception of your budget. 

A decent subwoofer will serve you well regardless of any future system changes. 
On the other hand some people find a poorly integrated subwoofer better than no sub at all. 
Velodyne's EQMax-8 might be worth looking into. Auto EQ and remote helps set up immensely. 
+1 jambalaya

Obviously I'm not keeping up with the folks in Morgan Hill.

http://velodyneacoustics.com/eq-max-12.html   (scroll down)

A long pair of Blue Jeans interconnects would wrap it up nicely.