Bizarre issue (Audio Alchemy)

Well...my first post here is unfortunately a "cry" for help. 
I recently purchased an Audio Alchemy DDP-1 DAC/pre amp. I paired it with the PS-5 power supply upgrade.
I am using a Classe' CDP10 player with option to run the transport to the Alchemy DAC or the Classe' DAC to the Alchemy analogue stage.
The rest of my system is a Rega RP6 with an Audio Alchemy phono stage and a Krell KST 100 into Revel M-20 Performa speakers. Interconnects are all Blue Heaven II's save for a PBJ phono to DDP-1 and a Moon Black Dragon digital connect from Classe' out to the Alchemy digital in.
Everything is plugged into a PS Audio Dectet.
I am gradually upgrading everything.

Here's the problem.
The rig runs exceptionally well-- no complaints re: the sound--until after a few hours there is a 'sudden" loud fog horn sound from the speakers. I mean LOUD! Literally blasting. I can find no reference on line to a similar sound. This sound is not impacted by the Alchemy volume control and can be eliminated only by shutting the system down. It does not return upon re-start until an hour or so later.
I suspected the Krell. I replaced the Krell with a pair of powered Audio Engine 2's and after a while same problem returns.
I removed the phone pre-amp using digital source only--and problem remained
I then suspected the power supply for the Audio Alchemy and returned it to the retailer --it was replaced and sure enough after several hours of perfect running the fog horn returned!
I am now planning to contact the retailer and have the DDP-1 replaced. I also will e-mail Peter Madnick at Audio Alchemy.

Thanks to anyone hanging in to this point. I am wondering what the knowledgeable folks out here think.
Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. 

I have to say--the Audio Alchemy units are terrific. Great sound (especially at the price point). I am somewhat certain the issue is somewhere with one of the three AA units--process of elimination has me down to the DDP-1.
128x128johnlnyc
Yes I think the PS Audio Detect needs to be totally removed, use some cheap power strips if u need to. Try this out and let us know what happens.

Matt M
Here's the latest.
(I did follow advice and plugged the PS-5 power supply directly into the wall)
After several hours of trouble free operation "it" happened again. Loud horn like noise. I "played with" the volume control on the DDP-1 and this time the noise was impacted it cut in and out. I also noticed the volume indicating numbers on the DDP-1 turn red (opposed to normal black) and commence flashing.

I then turned everything off.
After a few minutes I powered everything up and --no problem.

At this point I called Audio Advisor and spoke with a tech.  He agreed the suspect, having replaced the PS-5 power unit--was likely the DDP-1. He noted microprocessors can go awry. Though not a common occurrence. 

They are shipping out a new DDP-1 (I will return the unit I have when it arrives). I have to note Audio Advisor couldn't be easier to deal with. I will break everything in my system down and re connect--carefully! Then it's crossed fingers time.

You folks here have introduced an interesting area for consideration.
The Dectet has worked fine--the Krell is plugged into the "high current" section and everything else into the two other "isolated" sections.

Set up instructions for the Audio Alchemy--DDP-1, PS-5 power unit and the PPA-1 phone pre do not get specific about ultimate power sources. I am pretty sure the problem was not the Dectet. Obviously some protection between the wall plug and expensive equipment is a must.

I am going to contact Peter Madnick at Audio Alchemy with all this and see what he has to say. Obviously if it is the DDP-1 Madnick will get the unit back from Audio Advisor. The issue of the Dectet and power sources is worth some expert advice regardless.

Hopefully the replacement DDP-1 will resolve the issue.  

We are entering a brave new world here. The DDP-1 is a very sophisticated piece of equipment--far more so than the old (and simple) Conrad Johnson it is replacing. That complexity is precisely why I am buying the Audio Alchemy units. I am ultimately going to add digital storage/player to the front end. (in the interim I am likely going to use my AK240 as a music source into the DDP-1).

I have to again note just how good the Audio Alchemy units are sound wise and offer a lot of flexibility. Hopefully I just got a "bad" DDP-1.

Also--this forum has a lot of benefit. I plan on being here regularly! Also will update you on how this "adventure" goes!
Received a new DDP-1 from AA. I have a replacement PS-5 so two "new" replacements now.
Also have original Audio Alchemy PPA-1 phone pre-amp.

Plugged into the Dectet after several hours of great sound from records only the awful horn like sound returned.

I am going phone only (the problem occurred while using digital AND phone sections of the DDP-1) I am removing the more complex stage of the DDP-1 for the basic line stage from the equation.

After shutting everything down I followed advice above and plugged the PS-5 direct into the wall receptacle--so far so good.

If the problem returns I am down to the Krell KST 100 (admittedly an older piece of equipment).

Only info I have gleaned thus far is the problem is not mentioned anywhere --I have Googled it to death. (blaring horn like sound) and apparently appears after the system has been up and running for a while (hours) AND after shutting the system down the problem is not present on immediate system re-start) --somewhat intermittent.

I promised to keep you up to date! ;-)

I am going to phone or e-mail Mr Madnick at Audio Alchemy and Paul Barton at PS to what these experts have to say.

Somehow, I doubt the problems are with the Audio Alchemy units.
We'll see (or hear).....

I knew this was a great forum!
I just spoke with Audio Advisor and sent an e-mail off to Peter Madnick He replied almost immediately and noted someone seeing my post here had forwarded it to him (he didn't have e-mail for me).
Anyway--
Thanks to whoever alerted him to my plight!

Will keep you posted!