Vandersteen Quatro CT

This speaker has been available for several months and by some reports is quite special. Anyone have a chance to listen to one? Impressions compared to other Vandy speakers?

Thanks!
128x128karl_desch
I am using ClearDay double shotgun speaker cables.....quite wonderful....better than most that I've tried.   He'll send you a try out set for free...  Take advantage of it.  I have Vandersteen 5A's, 
I believe so.  Are they really huge with a ton of arrayed drivers?  If so, I think they were in the price range of my Quatro's.  They sounded very exciting, but their tone didn't match the VAndersteen's.  I personally don't like any of the high number of driver speakers I've heard over the years.  That includes those Pipedreams and variants.  

I understand why folks like the Tekton's though.  Like horns, they excite and many will use them with the smaller tube amps, but I personally don't like what they do to vocals and a few other things. That's when you lose some of the magic of what the SET amps can do.  I do love the SET sound from mids on up.  That's why I love the Vandersteen amp as he uses and SET design on top and SS where he needs the power down lower in the range.

Just a totally different speaker than what I like, but there are a lot of big name speakers out there now that are tonally off, but exciting in some part or all of the range, but sell well.  That's why there are different speakers and there are always folks who love them.  All is good.
Please don't be mad as me.  I looked at a notebook I use after I listen to components and posted what I wrote.  
CT. No worries. I have no (Tekton) dog in the fight. I have the Vandy Treo CT with the premium crossovers and a 2Wq sub soon to be two subs. I'm sure you have seen the Tekton thread (almost 2000 posts). I've never seen anything quite like the enthusiasm these guys have for the Tektons.I  I mean it's gotten truly crazy. I would like to hear them, but I don't think I would give up my Vandersteens for them.