Tekton Double Impact & Comb Filtering

Like many of you, I have been pondering purchasing these speakers but am very curious about the unusual tweeter array. I asked the smartest speaker person that I know (he is a student of Sean Olive) about the design and below is what he had to say.   

"In theory it could work, but the driver spacing means that the crossover point would need to be very low.
He is using the SB acoustics tweeter which is 72mm in diameter, center to center on the outside opposing drivers is around 5.7 inches, which is about 2400Hz. This means that combing would stop between 1/4 to 1/2 of the wavelength (between 1200-600Hz) is where the outside tweeters should start playing nice with each other.
Since he is not using low enough crossover points he has created a comb filtering monster. Now while it's not the great point source that was promised, it's no worse than most line arrays and the combing will average itself out given enough listening distance.

The MTM spacing on the other hand is ridiculous. Hopefully he is cutting the top end off on one of those midrange drivers to avoid combing."

seanheis1
And James... your ears are not "being tricked". This is real my friend. This is real quantifiable science and forward thinking innovation.
Eric.....If you have few buyers returning speakers then why don't you simply take them back on your dime.If what you say is true seems a no brainer as that's one of your stumbling blocks with me.I would also like to see reputable stereo mags review what you offer.Seems like a positive way to convince those on the fence.
missioncoonery with all due respect you seem hell bent on finding negative things to say about Eric’s speakers. Why? If you don’t want to come out of pocket and try them for yourself then move on and enjoy what you have and leave this thread to those that have put up the money or at the very least have heard these speakers. Judging from the posters here and the amount of gear they have owned I find it difficult to believe these are a flash in the pan flavor of the day.

I don’t have a dog in this fight as I’m not an owner of Tekton speakers but I am mighty tempted to get the DI monitors after reading through the recent threads. Until that day comes I feel I have no right to comment on them good or bad and neither do you.
missioncoonery Eric's return policy is very generous. Especially when evaluated against the industry standards. As a manufacturer, you wouldn't want to expose yourself to customers with no intention to purchase. When you ship something to someone, you want them to have some skin in the game. If you can't afford to risk the cost of return shipping, then you can't afford the speakers in my opinion, and Eric shouldn't have to pass along the cost of your I'll intent of abusing a manufacture's generosity. Is this the best argument you can come up with to fault Eric's product and marketing? Really?
Bullitt....If Tekton has very little returns according to the maker then why not offer the product with no cost to ship back to the buyer.If not mistaken one pays for them up front or am I mistaken..the company send speakers without being paid for them,Id say that's an intent to purchase,How is that an abuse to purchase?lol..is that the best you have,reeeeally.