New Class A/B under $6K, your recommendation?

Okay I'm tiring of my class D amps and have upgradeitis. I want to try a latest greatest Class A/B amp - I'm thinking Benchmark AHB2, or Son of Ampzilla, or?
 I can drive it with a Manley 300B pre, or a Wyred 4 Sound pre, or directly from my Benchmark DAC into big BG Radia 600 speakers that are rated up to 400 watts. They are line array types using BG planar magnetic drivers - intended for wall mounting, but after hearing them and speaking with a BG engineer, I built beautiful boxes for them according to specs and have been grinning ever since.
 I spoke with Rory from Benchmark and he suggested that 1 amp - even though rated at 100 watts per channel would suffice. I could always order a second and use them bridged and be at the upper end of my budget.
 Any thoughts on what else I should be looking at? I'm looking for: Imaging, space, neutral sound (not cold, not lush and warm) - I can color with my pre if I should so desire. Thanks for your input!!
24phun
Benchmark AHB2 has the best specs of anything I am aware of (lowest noise floor etc)

If you have not upgraded to Benchmark DAC3, I highly recommend it over the DAC2
I have the AHB2 and it is the best SS amp I've owned. You can believe the specs because these are a clear and open conduit for your source. I suggest a tube preamp. They can come off as a little clinical depending what you feed it.
Thanks for the input! A used AHB2 is a rare bird, which I believe says volumes - and it has great - the best specifications. But as we here all know too well, specs don't always translate to great sound to any particular individual's ears.
 For tubes I have the Manley, and love what it (and 300b tubes) can do. But it's not quiet, so you're ruining that quality of the AHB2. It's also not balanced  (not a lot of 300B preamps are - like maybe one of them?) and I wonder what the AHB2 loses going to single ended?
 Someone recommended I consider the ATI 6002, I admit I know nothing about that company or their products. They make Theta according to their site if I'm seeing that correctly?
2nd hand Audio Research Reference 110 would be on my radar... about $4500 - $5500.  Or if you get lucky, you may see a Reference 150 used for close to $6k.
Try McCormack DNAS-750 mono blocks ,
I've seen used ones for $4,000.
I'm using the DNA-250 stereo and hope someday to upgrade 
to the &750s.