Silly prices for Nordost cables

http://www.nordost.com/images/review-images/review-pdf/127555.pdf

$38000 for a 2m pair?
$17000 for a 1.5m power cord?
$20000 interconnect for 0.6 meters and only(!) $2000 for an additional 0.5 meter?

I know the debate is tired but this is beyond ridiculous.
128x128noromance
@infection +1

@dgarretson
Awhile back I had a discussion with the editor of a leading audio print magazine who privately maintains that manufacturers of hyper-expensive cables have led the way toward ruin of the high end industry. I tend to agree.
Why?

@infection Uh...okay, whatever you command. Yeah right. Its not their wealth, it’s their gullibility.
Because they have the highest profit margin in all of audio and lead the way in untethering price from value.  This wouldn't be so unusual if audio could be classified as true luxury goods, but just try impressing your friends with your Vacheron, Murcielago, and, oh yeah, your $70K speaker cables. 
@dgarretson
Because they have the highest profit margin in all of audio and lead the way in untethering price from value. This wouldn't be so unusual if audio could be classified as true luxury goods, but just try impressing your friends with your Vacheron, Murcielago, and, oh yeah, your $70K speaker cables.
Purchasing decisions are personal whether to impress, SQ ... not a factor to survival of an industry.   I counter high prices are a major indication industry is healthier than ever. 

AGAIN, companies prices are driven by consumers demand.  As long as there are demand to support a price, companies will oblige. Simple econ 101.